Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta 2020 Thank You

I wish to than everyone who played along this year. I had a great time. And thank you for all the wonderful comments at my corny jokes. I have a good time collecting them through the year and I have already started for next year.

I plan to actually retire this year and get to garden the way I want to. I know I have said this every year but this year it is a go. I do have a wish list of hostas I will need to take care of.

My wish is that all of you stay safe from everything the world is throwing at us right now and can return to normal real soon. I will be back the day after Christmas at 4:30am with A 2021. Thank you all as I cannot do this without you. You made the Hosta 2020 fantastic. Stay safe.

Have a great day everyone!

Comments (14)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Oh, no, no, no, Paula...Thank You!

tj

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada
    3 years ago

Thank you Paula for doing the ABC's and collecting such great jokes.

Thank you all for looking at my hostas and I enjoyed looking at all yours.

Hope everyone has a great season and see you as well in the next round.

Stay safe

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    3 years ago

Oh Paula, it’s us who thank you for giving us the alphabet! It gives me so much fun and interaction during the cold winter months (I am not a cold weather girl)And especially this season during my hip surgery recovery. So happy to hear you are retiring......you will have to time to garden as much as you like. Then we will get to see pictures of your hostas!

debra

• n2hostas (Kansas)
    3 years ago

Thank you, Paula. Winter is difficult for me, too. I love spring and summer. I listened and watched the virtual Hosta College earlier today and learned many things! After the basketball game, I will work on my new garden with the fountain.

But back the the theme of this thread, Thank you, you have made a difference in my life this winter of my discontent. I will beg for another year, please!

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    3 years ago

Paula you are such a giver!! I thank you for the superhuman effort you put into making the Alphabet such a fun and funny event. You make winter much more bearable. Hope you will update us on your yard since all the trees were removed, it has been a while. Enjoy your retirement!!!

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

Thanks Paula! I didn’t contribute every day but checked in most days to read and see the photos. It made the winter blues not so blue.....see ya again in December.

Sherry

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    3 years ago

Thank you! Congrats on getting to retire!

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    3 years ago

THANK YOU Paula..winter feels soooo long..I miss my plants so much..the light hearted beautiful hosta alphabet really gives me a lift..🙂

you'll LOVE retirement..it's a gardeners dream..more time outside 💕..

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    3 years ago

Thank you so much for making winter not so wintery. You will love retirement.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks
    3 years ago

Thank YOU, Paula, and congratulations on your upcoming retirement! This has been such a gift to all of us!

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    3 years ago

Paula, I have followed the alphabet for years. It has always been fun and educational. Thank you!

• miles10612
    3 years ago

Thanks Paula for the alphabet and all the jokes--which of course are always needed but especially this year.

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    3 years ago

Aww, love the little face of the monkey and the sentiment.

Thanks for hosting the alphabet once again, Paula! It's such a welcome distraction during winter and a way to focus on the upcoming season right before it's time to get outside again. I like that you've extended it for the extra weeks.

Thank you for the jokes you bring us. I don't know where you find so many, but I always look forward to them and enjoy them so much! Glad to hear you're on the verge of retirement. I hope it's a new and fun chapter in your life.

• Beth (5b - SE-Michigan)
    3 years ago

Paula, thank you again for organizing the hosta alphabet. You will enjoy retirement, having the freedom to pursue your hobbies is fun. Having this community helps me get through the winter. I have loved seeing everyone's hostas and gardens.