Hello. I recently purchased a Hoya Carnosa at a local nursery, in a hanging basket. It is in an eight inch pot.
I noticed that the soil was compacted on the top. I pulled it out of the pot and saw that the roots looked ok. The soil came off the bottom half so I repotted it by not adding the old soil back in. I made an airy mix with mostly perlite and bark and some succulent mix. I didn’t really want to disturb the roots by removing the old soil and kind of placed it back in the pot on top of the new soil, and filled it in the best that I could considering how awkward it was to maneuver with the vines and plant being so big.
The question that I have is will that be ok? Or should I have tried to free the roots from the soil? I feel uneasy mucking around with the roots knowing how sensitive the plant can be.
Thank you!
tropicbreezent
zee81calgaryOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Raleigh Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Orangeburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Spartanburg Landscape Contractors · Victoria Landscape Contractors · Grand Island Landscape Contractors · Youngstown Landscape Contractors · Atlantic City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Wilmington Landscape Contractors · Lawton Landscape Contractors · Cedar Rapids Landscape Contractors · Phoenix Landscape Contractors · Portsmouth Custom Countertops · Platteville Custom Countertops · Bakersfield Custom Countertops · Victorville Custom Countertopsken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5