Software
Houzz Logo Print
ruffian829

Mudroom design help

5 years ago

We are framing out part of our garage this week to expand our current tiny mudroom and then I need to figure out what we are going to do with the space. It’s going to be approximately 6’ x 18’, so relatively narrow but long.

We have a small space that we initially bumped out to accommodate a seat or closet or something that I’m now thinking I’m going to put our old washer in to handle the sports/pets laundry (dog beds, horse blankets, kids muddy things, etc) (regular laundry is upstairs). I’m also tempted to tile (with a drain) in the small space next to it as a space to wash off boots and stuff. It’s only like 10” wide there though, so I’m not sure if that’ll work. But we are always hosing off muddy barn boots outside, which works fine for the spring but not so much in the winter.

The dotted line shows where the mudroom ends now. I need to figure out where the door to/from the garage is going to go, and what else we are going to do.

Washer/any plumbing has to stay to the left of the dotted line.

Should we do cubbies? Closets? Both? Maybe a closet the short way on the right hand side and then cubbies along the wall? Also thinking of a space for the vacuum/mop/etc. Any inspiration pics would be appreciated. We trend towards a rustic / “farmhouse” style. Outside wall (facing the garage) is going to house horse blankets and tack, so the farm style is legit.

Comment (1)