Software
Houzz Logo Print
krnuttle

Broad leaf weed killer

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

10 years ago when we bought this house the south facing front yard was in direct sun all day long. I tried to plant grass and it got burned out. We Planted a good size Nuttal Oak and the Cleveland pear has grown well. There is a mature pine one the west side and mature Winged Elm on the east side. Today the Pear about 30' and the Nuttal Oak is a little larger, so the micro environment of the yard is significantly different than it was 10 years ago. The lot is at an elevation of about 250' on the slope of the Piedmont Plateau about 25 miles east of Raleigh NC.

Early last September I plant the yard heavily with Fescue, and early this spring fertilized with a high Nitrogen fertilizer. The yard looks better than ever. So I plan to repeat the process this September.

I have some broad leaf weeds growing in the new grass. My question is when (if) can I apply a broad leaf weed killer Without damaging the 7 month old grass?

Comment (1)