Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_735286060

Need some help deciding on a new modular sectional

J.C
3 years ago

First post on here looking for some help deciding on a sectional for my living room.

Basically our whole living room is pretty dark Brown rug wall to wall with tan mixed in kind of a faux marble look dark & light brown,all furniture is dark colored brown or dark cherry our coffe table is a faux marble coloring same as TV stand curtains are dark brown and gold the walls are currently an off tan we have a dark brown Sofa that we are replacing we are moving our fishtank from the corner of the room and putting it on a grey wood burning stove platform this opens up our room a little bit we are looking for our couch to go from left to right across the back wall LH Recliner/Console/Armless chair/chair/RH recliner so with this info this is what I am looking for.also looking to brighten up the room a little bit obviously there is nothing that can be down about the present carpet and other furniture but we are repainting the walls and can change the curtains and maybe through a lighter area rug down on the brown wall to wall rug to help brighten up the room if we decide to go with the polaris.

I have found these two sectionals one can be had locally one I need to order without seeing which I am not too keen on two different colors with very similar materials and functions just wondering if anyone has had experience with either one of these sectionals we will be repainting the walls to go with whatever sectional we decide on also a key note is we have a large german sheppard dog that thinks he is a lap dog and likes to share the couch with us we would rather not put a cover on it and would prefer to stay with fabric versus anything other than top grain leather

one being a very light Tan vs a light Khalua

https://parker-house.com/collections/modular-sectionals-fabric/products/mpol-packa-h-ka

https://www.raymourflanigan.com/living-rooms/sectional-sofas/cindy-crawford-mackenzie-6-pc-microfiber-power-reclining-sectional-sofa-294285323

they both have their pro's and cons the one big pro of the Mackenzie vs the polaris is it can be had locally by Raymour and they do all of their own servicing under warranty versus buying polaris through a retailer and having to purchase a guardian extended warranty which I've heard good and bad about them just hoping I won't have to use either warranty they both measure roughly the same across 157" vs 151" I have 164" in my space to fit it so I would prefer to go with the 151" polaris to clear a little space onboth ends but its by no means a deal breaker

any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated thank-you

Comments (2)