Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shahanak82

Need URGENT HELP with exterior paint color!!!

SK B
2 years ago

We have to change our exterior color last minute due to some issues. Our house is east facing.

We have two options to go with 1) Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray with SW Snowbound on trim, windows and front door. OR 2) Sherwin Williams Iron Ore with SW Pure white on windows. Door color not sure.

Attaching front elevation of home which we cant change anything. We have stones on the Garage and on the side. Attaching sample picture of the stone as well as sample color images

Which color option should I go for? I was leaning towards Iron Ore but not sure if it would look good with the light colored stones we have.

Please help!

If 1) then should we do all Gauntlet Gray, SW snowbound on trim and windows. Should I keep the front door and the post as Snowbound Or choose a wooden stain?

If 2) then will it look good with the current stone? any suggestions are welcome as completely lost at this minute as to what to choose.

Tulsa OhioLimestone -

Gauntlet Gray sample image -

Iron Ore sample image -

Comments (11)

• houssaon
    2 years ago

I like Gauntlet Gray. Wait until the house is painted to decide on the front door.

• Indecisiveness
    2 years ago

You should take large samples of those colors and look at them next to your stone, that’s the deciding factor

• Malcolm
    2 years ago

with your house, Gauntlet Gray. It will compliment the stone better than the darker Iron Ore

SK B thanked Malcolm
  • calidesign
    2 years ago

Gauntlet Gray. With just one post, I'd paint it the same color as your trim. The door could be stained wood or a different painted color.

SK B thanked calidesign
  • SK B
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Malcolm @calidesign Gauntlet Gray it is. Thank you. However I do have couple follow up questions. Should I go with same color on Garage? All over gauntlet gray, with white trim, white windows, white post and stained door? If I do front door as white, would that be too much?

• calidesign
    2 years ago

With the gauntlet gray on the siding, and white on the trim, windows, and post, I'd keep the garage doors white. I think the contrast would be nice since they are surrounded by the stone, but the gauntlet gray could also work. I'd order them in white and you can decide when they're installed. You could use white on the front door, but I think that would look really bland. I'd either choose a stained finish or pick a color you like so it becomes a focal point. Red, blue, or black could work. You never said what color your roof was. Hopefully it's a dark charcoal, darker than the gauntlet gray?

SK B thanked calidesign
  • Melissa R
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I would pick the Iron Ore. Grey houses will soon be the beige/tan house that has been around FOREVER. Be bold and do something totally different

SK B thanked Melissa R
  • gigi121
    2 years ago

I agree - iron ore. I think you need a little contrast so the stone will stand out.

SK B thanked gigi121
  • SK B
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Melissa R@gigi121 If Iron Ore, do you think keeping all Iron ore (including garage, fascia, soffit) but the front door and windows as white will look good? If not which color to choose for front door? Not sure if garage doors as white will make the house look small.

• calidesign
    2 years ago

Your home design is already chopped up by different materials, the direction of the siding, and all the roof angles. I think the dark color has too much contrast to the stone and would make it look too busy.

SK B thanked calidesign