2 years ago

Been trying to start a post, no luck so far

Comments (13)

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Finally!

Westbourne Chip off the Old Block is supposed to be a ML bloomer. I think Wizard's Wish, growing right next to it, is also supposed to be ML, but just showing scapes. Chip has a lot of scapes with new ones showing up

Queen of Camelot

Margo Reed Indeed

Isabel Rose

Mama Drama

Pleasing to the Eye

Mister Mayor

Thin Man

Entwined in the Vine

Kansas Kitten

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    2 years ago

A few more

Finish with a Flourish

Shake Zulu

My Mama Thinks I am a Star

Seedling, this bloomed last year but a little larger and deeper color than before

Ivory Titan

• shive
    2 years ago

All of these look wonderful! It's very hard to pick a favorite, but I think Mister Mayor edges the others out because I'm so envious that yours is already blooming. Yours also looks more blue purple than mine ever did last year. The seedling has gorgeous petal color and a beautiful patterned eye. Nice one!

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    2 years ago

Nice group Nancy but I think that My Mama Thinks I am a Star is one I would choose. I like the watermark on it and the form. How has it done for you? I see that it is an EV. The next one I like is Mister Mayor. Nice form and color. Those two I've never seen before or don't recall seeing them.

Julia

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mister Mayor is one of my new favorites. But then, I have a long, long list of favorites.

Julia, so far My Mama thinks I Am A Star has done well. Not multiplied really fast, but average. Not one of those evergreens that barely gets bu. It blooms pretty well, but has never reached its height for me, more like 30" at most. I keep meaning to ask Debra about the height of hers, pretty sure I have seen her post it.

• shive
    2 years ago

Nancy and Julia - My Mama Thinks I'm A Star multiplies well here, but it has always been a few inches shorter than registered - very short the past two years because of repeated grub attacks. I think the tallest it's ever been here is 32 inches.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    2 years ago

Thanks Debra and Nancy for the info on My Mama Thinks I'm A Star. BTW, has Nan Wilkerson closed up her daylily business? I haven't kept up with the ones still in busines and those who left it or passed away.

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

Nancy, what a pretty post. I love your Isabelle Rose picture. My Margo Reed is not even blooming yet! How did this happen? Finish with a Flourish is always so ”sweet”. Mister Mayor is pretty and of course EITV looks great.

• shive
    2 years ago

Julia - Yes, Nan Wilkerson has been out of business since 2015. It's hard to find her cultivars sold now. Every once in awhile, there's one on the Lily Auction.

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

I like Mama Drama and Thin Man, my favorites today. i have several daylilies that are ”confused” this season, wondering if it is the warmer winter here. i have scapes on Reindeer Antlers, it is supposed to be a late bloomer. RA isnt alone, im wondering if im going to have any lates this season.

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    2 years ago

Mr. Mayor is looking good, Nancy. I like the way you have a complementary bloom planted next to Entwined too. My Mama Thinks I'm a Star is lovely. Isabel Rose is lovely too. How does it do for you?

kay

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks, Kate. It does seem odd that Margo is blooming before yours. I have not moved it, although it probably needs to be moved and divided. I has been blooming so well, I don't tend to disturb happy plants unless I have to.

Sherry, most all of my plants are running a few days later than normal, just one or 2 oddballs blooming earlier. Reindeer Antlers is getting ready to bloom here, but about the same time it did last year. Mama Drama has been here a couple of years, looks like this year is going to be a good one. Thin Man is a bloom machine.

Kay. I wish I could take credit for deliberately planting Entwined with a complimentary daylily, but I tend to plop wherever there is an open spot. Isabel Rose is only on its 2nd year but is doing great so far. I got Scandinavia, another large, tall cream/white the fall before. It has multiplied faster and bloomed better, but I think I like the flowers on I.R. better.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

Finish with a Flourish appeals to me today, and I also like the first one, W. Chip Off The Old Block. The starred petals are neat...................Maryl