Software
Houzz Logo Print
dmcguire2

What table would work between these two bedroom chairs?

13 years ago
I love these new chairs and can change out the pillows if something better would work with the room. Here are some other photos of the room.

Comments (89)

  • 13 years ago
    Anne dee I moved the vanity over to the idea of a desk. The mirrors on top are removable. Does it work? It definitely fills the space nicely.
  • 13 years ago
    with regards to the "round" ottoman you could possibly use a print that would pick up some of the other colors in the room. This will give some interest as one color { to match the chairs} would make the vignette too flat
    and sterile looking. A print would make the area have color and interest.
    i think that the bench you are showing may be a quite low for the foot of the bed.
    This may not be something that you like but if you have sufficient space in the room would you consider a desk and chair at the foot of the bed ? Maybe that doesn't suit yr aesthetic ___I don't know.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    @dmcguire I think that looks very nice with the 2 chairs. I have another suggestion for that space but my husband told me to keep quiet . :-))))
  • 13 years ago
    I vote for a small table. The vanity seems to break up the glam of the pair of gorgeous chairs by putting them too far apart?
  • 13 years ago
    Oh please share Anne! Which bench is too low, the one I posted or another post? MForr, I like your ideas too. I can try breaking up the mirrors and place them behind the lamps. This may take me a bit to get arranged, but I do want to hear what you think once I move them.
  • 13 years ago
    Anne dee- were you going to suggest a strippers pole? LOL
  • 13 years ago
    MForr the width of the night stands are 26 1/2 and the width of the mirrors are 28 1/2. Are the mirrors too wide to move over the nightstands?
  • 13 years ago
    With all due respect to mforr the discussion of placing the prints was on a previous thread,
    I think the prints look nice where they are as I believe the mirrors placed over the night stands will compete with the mirrored starburst over the bed which is the "star" . Plus we don't know what the mirrors over the nightstand will reflect and there may be a size issue of the width and length.
    The vanity between the 2 chairs looks very nice it breaks up the solid colour chairs against the solid colour wall. But I am not "married " to this idea other choices are available.
    A skirted chaise at the foot of the bed would be too heavy looking and traditional. this is a contemporary feeling room or so I gather.
  • 13 years ago
    Ok since Anne is not sharing, I am back to the small round table in either darker color to match the wood tone or a metal of some sort with glass top. I need to think about whether an 18 inch or 19 inch h bench is too low for the height footboard at the end of the bed. The mirrors should be split up over the dresser and replaced with a horizontal larger one and ...... What else am I missing?
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks Anne
  • 13 years ago
    The strippers pole;)
  • 13 years ago
    Oh, and I have not ruled out the ottoman idea if I can find one that I like and works. If it helps any, I did pick out drapes that will just be 5 panels to help break up that tone on tone behind the chairs. ;
  • 13 years ago
    No Margo, you're so funny, stripper poles was not the suggestion. We took out ours a long time ago ;-))
    I wanted to suggest standing lamps on either side of the chairs but he said that their was enough furniture and not to crowd the space
  • 13 years ago
    I wasn't part of the other thread where the art was dicussed, but my first thought was that the artwork was situated in the wrong place, as in, behind the lamps. I also suggested, in the first post on this thread, to move all four of the pictures to one wall and use them together as one larger art installation. To me, the art is blocked by the lamps. Oops! I guess I got to the party too late! Lol!
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, Margo I think stripper poles are out of style. ; )
  • 13 years ago
    I like a dark wood drum table but graceful curves. Let me see if i can find it.
    DMarie thanked Lisa Williams
  • 13 years ago
    Looks like it is coming back with the wallpaper lol
    Pole-ka Dot Stripper Pole Wallcoverings · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    here's a pic with with art and lighting together. I don't believe this to be an issue.
    Traditional Bedroom · More Info

    Pleasant Valley · More Info

    T Eatons Loft Bedrooms · More Info

    plus many others.
    I don't think it matters that much that the prints are partially covered. They are not actually works of art. plus the colour tones are very subtle.
  • 13 years ago
    Yes MForr, I agree with the competing colors of frames and sunburst. I previously posted that I will be either be getting new sunburst in different size and color, lightening existing sunburst or removing it all together.
    Good catch!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Oh no, mforr, I didn't mean that at all! And, my feelings don't get hurt on here either. I only meant that I'd also missed out on the "other thread" about the artwork, too, and dmcguire2 clued me in about that up top! I learn something new and get great ideas from everyone on here. Lord knows I don't have the only good ideas...that's why I'm on here, and I'm probably officially a Houzz addict! Heehee
  • 13 years ago
    Anne, you and I agree. I have seen the same styling in many more contemporary feeling bedrooms. My daughter and husband don't see the point, so I really think it is just a personal taste thing as was the outcome of my previous poll. Almost a deadlock of with or without art and art won by a narrow margin. :)
  • 13 years ago
    I really don't think anyone is stepping on anyone's toes as this is an open forum and as many people that make suggestions as many different ideas there will be, all to the good ,plus it makes for interesting reading!!
    the only person that knows best and what she ultimately will settle on it is dcmcguire 2 . We all just hope that we all can help her in some way.!!
    DMarie thanked anne dee
  • 13 years ago
    Round mirrored
  • 13 years ago
    Also a darker shade on lamp. Try black.
  • 13 years ago
    nighttime for me all!
  • 13 years ago
    Not sure if you are still looking for ideas, but saw this today in gold over on Etsy http://img1.etsystatic.com/009/0/7135065/il_570xN.451659489_etnw.jpg It is a wheat table in gold, since your mirrors are burnished gold and picture frames look gold, too...more to think about!
  • 13 years ago
    I like the table you posted. I found this one too but it may be too light of a tone.
  • 13 years ago
    I also found this ottoman that I could center in front of the two chairs with a small table for just the lamp between the chairs. The brass tacks match the chair tacks.
  • 13 years ago
    Love the way your bed area looks! So cozy and well put together. The sunburst mirror is perfect over the bed. I think there are too many "twosomes" on the dresser. I'd take away the golden statues and leave the small box by itself in the center. A 30" decorator's table round would be perfect between your two chairs. Ballard Designs makes lovely custom table covers so you could select a color and pattern which would tie in with your bed pillows and animal print rug. I'd also put small rectangular pillows on the chairs (say 12 by 20) in a coordinating pattern.
  • 13 years ago
    I agree and will return the two gold figurines and leave the box by itself. I have been thinking about different pillows for the chairs but have not gotten past he table dilemma yet. Since I am going to hang 5 curtain panels to hang as accents between each window floor to ceiling, I am thinking a non fabric table directly in front of them.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi there, beautiful room! What are your thoughts on these?

    Better Homes and Gardens Furniture Round End Table · More Info


    Sarreid Tripod Side Table · More Info

    Fine Furniture Design Black & Gold Angular Side Table · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Oops here is the photo
  • 13 years ago
    Pure Home, I really like the first photo. Do you have the dimensions and the price?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I realize that this pic is not yr bed room but you will notice the light framed pics along with the dark framed mirror.
    When you originally posted
    your question was "should I place these pics behind the lamps or on the wall?" and I answered that question accordingly by saying behind the lamps. There was no question regarding if the the star burst "worked" over the bed.
    As I do with all dilemmas I answer the post that is queried.
    As stated previously you will get many suggestions and usually the reply will be in line with the Houzzers own sense of style and as many of the responders are talented you'll have many excellent ideas to choose from. Hence why I only answer the original query and usually move along to the next dilemma :)
    But, now that I am here I agree with Travis Interiors that black parchment shades on the lamps would make a nice dramatic appearance in your bedroom :)
    Rebecca: Montreal, QC · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    (Just visiting ;))
    so, What do you think of this pic. nothing over the bed or side tables but ooh lala that turquoise chaise.
    Cliffwood · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    http://www.worldmarket.com/product/cala+hammered+drum+table.do?&from=Search

    That's an elegant room. I immediately thought of this drum.
  • 13 years ago
    Angled chairs look best with a round table. If you prefer the chairs squared up, then a square or rectangle table.
  • 13 years ago
    Have you considered a butlers tray between your beautiful chairs, or if you prefer a table, I really liked the PB Chloe version.
  • 13 years ago
    dcmcguire There is not posting etiquette as far as I know :)
    Everything is good just gets confusing at times. I am sure whatever you decide to put behind the lamps will be nice as long as you like it which is the main thing.
    Are you changing your night tables?
    Now I am confused.he he
  • 13 years ago
    Ok tks for clearing that up.
    i stick by my first suggestion of an ottoman with wooden rectangular tray.
    Good Luck!
  • 13 years ago
    I like this one....
    DMarie thanked Elle
  • 13 years ago
    Do you know the maker lschlit?
  • DMarie thanked Elle
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks, I think that is the table to go between the chairs and I will get the ottoman to go in front of them.....
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry, doesn't look like the link brings you directly to the item. It is from Bombay Company and is called "Messina Accent Table."
  • 13 years ago
    How about these dark wood tables? One facing slightly over the inside arm of each chair. They are available in different sizes so you could have two the same height or slightly different like in this picture.
  • 13 years ago
    I suggest a small mirrored cabinet or a glamorous metallic table to balance out the abundance of wood tones and to pick up the elements from the starburst mirror and the metallic frames of the pictures over bedside tables.
    DMarie thanked bellesum
  • 13 years ago
    I hope you'll post an 'After' picture once you've got all the pieces in place, as it should turn out lovely.
  • 13 years ago
    Here is the final selection for the sitting area. Thanks to everyone who gave me the inspiration for the table. I have attached an up close that shows the faux snake skin better. ;
  • 12 years ago
    Where did you get the table?