Software
Houzz Logo Print
ceb0113

Dining Room Dilemma

5 years ago

Hello, I am looking for ideas for my dining room. We are transitioning from traditional to more French country/Coastal. I bought the table without realizing how challenging it would be to find chairs. We don’t like farmhouse or the weathered “grayish” style wood. The table is pine so has more golden undertones. We also have beautiful China that we wat to display and so a buffet hutch won’t due because you can’t see it over the table and chairs. Also looking for suggestions on lighting. I’ve included some pictures including the adjacent family room for a reference of our other furniture. The room is 128” x 136”.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (14)

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I think a french style covered chair that matches your sofa style would be perfect






    can't you get a tall hutch for the china?

    some large art

    accessories









    leaning mirror and a nice rug would look great.


    I don't know how French you'd like to go. This blue would be beautiful w/your table and the rug in the other room. find a vintage looking buffet and do something like this with it. perhaps display some of the china on the wall. love the beaded chandelier too.


  • 5 years ago

    How about a Welsh cupboard for your china? (I know….you are going French Country, but a Welsh cupboard could look beautiful with your table.)

  • 5 years ago

    A Welsh cupboard, how pretty!

    Bridge Design Studio · More Info


    Austin Patterson Disston Architects · More Info


    Welsh dresser style cupboard. · More Info


  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    that's what I was thinking when I mentioned vintage buffet. love that first one houssaon

    If that's too rustic you can find a more traditional looking piece and have it painted






    you can find these 50's-70's hutches all over craigslist for next to nothing. remove some doors, paint, change hardware, redo the shelves, voila.



    this turned out so good. wallpaper on the back, chalk paint , sprayed hardware. very french coastal



  • 5 years ago

    what a lovely blue and the arches are great!


    Do you want upholstered chairs or not?


    What does the china look like?


  • 5 years ago

    Wow, these are great ideas! I don’t want an open hutch because it reminds me of farmhouse. My issue with the chairs is matching the wood. I like the upholstered chairs more. I was thinking a cream hutch. Love the chandelier ideas as well!

  • 5 years ago

    Love upholstered chairs. The only ones I seem to find are from Wayfair and places like that. Wanted a solid sturdy chair and hard to tell on line.

  • 5 years ago

    I think having a chair with an arch would be nice, and these are classic french country at a very nice price for a set of 2


    Linon Cace Set of Two 18.5" Side Chairs in Walnut · More Info




  • 5 years ago

    Fun ideas for chandeliers

    Corbin 6 Light Pendant in Natural Black (1039-6P NB) · More Info


    Viola Pendant, Antique Gold · More Info


    Hudson Valley Lighting 6030-AGB Dunkirk - Ten Light Chandelier · More Info


    Chandelier 6-Light Rustic Black · More Info


    1-Light Finish Double Drum Shades Crystal Pendant Chandelier · More Info


    Legion Furniture Fabric and Wire Pendant Lamp, Red · More Info


  • 5 years ago

    you can try Ballards

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago


    GDF Studio Rydel Fabric Dining Chairs, Set of 2, Blue Stripe · More Info



    Jerome French Country Dining Chairs, Set of 4, Beige/Natural, Fabric, Rubberwood · More Info



    Madison Park Elmwood Dining Chair, Set of 2 · More Info



    INK+IVY Melbourne Lounge Chair with Cane IIF18-0142 · More Info



    Beige Crown Vintage French Upholstered Fabric Dining Armchair Set of 2 · More Info



    GDF Studio Phinnaeus French Country Fabric Dining Chairs (Set of 2) · More Info

    D

  • 5 years ago

    Those are fun chandeliers!

  • 5 years ago

    Best advice I got for dining room chairs, is to not get too large. Seat more at your table.

  • 5 years ago

    Look at Ethen Allen while you are at it.