Software
Houzz Logo Print
jonnyt

Another backsplash opinion!

5 years ago

Could Asian Statuary work? This seems to have some warmer whites/off whites in the tile. It comes in a herringbone pattern or 3x6 subway. The subway seems as though it would not be as busy
As always, your comments - the good, the bad and the ugly are appreciated. Thank you for your patience

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    What is the counter and IMO those do not work together

  • 5 years ago

    Yes, ruled that out and thank you. Now looking at a sample board of equipe white artisan which appears to be similar to bedrosians cloe.

  • 5 years ago

    How about a plain white 6x2 tile just stacked? Your countertop is pretty busy so I think plain would look nice.

  • 5 years ago

    I would love plain but I’ve had an issue with the tile working with my white dove cabinets, everything to date has looked off-either too white and anything with tan,beige tones looks muddy. If you know of a solid white tile that would work, Please share. Thanks for commenting

  • 5 years ago

    "I would love plain but I’ve had an issue with the tile working with my white dove cabinets, everything to date has looked off-either too white and anything with tan,beige tones looks muddy."


    Then why do you keep trying? IIRC, my original suggestion back when was a COLOR. Color can be soft and muted, doesn't have to be loud bold, if that's not your thing. Some sort of color in there would bring some life into the space and will look intentional rather than a mis-match fail.


    Soft, muted subway:






    Something bolder, but not loud:




    Although, I must say -- I don't tire of your posts because I love looking at that counter!! (it's what I wanted but didn't get, and I still have occasional pangs of regret -- although less frequently lately)

  • 5 years ago

    I should clarify, the safe side of me wanting plain, white based. I have a hard time picturing any colors you suggested which are all very nice but due to the smaller, open concept condo we live in, some colors don’t relate to anything I have. I guess I like the lighter, white based backsplash as something that is there but wouldn’t dictate, limit paint or decor colors down the road. Our house was decorated in more vivid colors, (in fact, I lived with our red counter on the center island for 20 plus years-never got around to changing it) darker furniture, leather- kid proof. Now that we’re almost empty nesters I find I prefer softer,subtle, serene colors which can easily get a boost changing out decor. However, if I had an enclosed kitchen I think I’d be tempted to be more daring. But thank you for your suggestions and I am enjoying the new counter, wayyyyyy better than what was there. I just know I’ll find that perfect color combo…one day