Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_brown3

Kitchen Layout Help?

Christie
2 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking for help deciding on a layout for a kitchen renovation. My current kitchen blocks off a formal dining area, which doesn't make sense for us (currently a kid playpen area). I want to open up that wall as much as possible, and I'd love to expand the kitchen to get more storage space. I plan to replace cabinets and appliances (except dishwasher). I've attached several layout ideas, but im struggling to decide because I seem to be stuck deciding between a good sized island, decent dish storage near the dish washer (left of sink), and fridge placement. The current gas hookup for the stove is along the wall, and the doorway leads to the laundry room and can't be moved. I don't love the idea of moving the stove (but open to it) or a skinny island, so im leaning towards proposal 1, but will it look strange to have the island not run the length of the kitchen? It also creates a 3' walkway from corner to corner, which I don't love... all ideas welcome! If only I could move the darn stairs!

Comments (5)