Software
Houzz Logo Print
bpalaw

kitchen dish towels

5 years ago

I am planning new kitchen - small size and we will not have a dedicated cabinet to hang damp dish towels - looking for suggestions so kitchen looks tidy

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Hang them off you stove handle, or install a towel bar or towel rack in your kitchen, maybe put in a towel bar or rack in your laundry room.

  • 5 years ago

    In a small beach home, I use the stove handle and freezer section of the fridge to hang damp towels.

  • 5 years ago

    I also use my stove handle❣️

  • 5 years ago

    I attached a long drawer handle to the cabinet under the sink for a hand towel. My friend did the same, using an 18" handle (I think it was from Ikea) on the end of a cabinet run for a hand towel and a dish towel. I also have a hook rack on the end of a cabinet on the other side of the kitchen, for hot pads and the dish-drying towel.

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you for all the suggestions - I guess it means time to buy fresh towels

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I have a command hook attached to the window casing for the hand drying towel. For dishes I have a big stack of thin cheap ones that I toss in the laundry room after using.

  • 5 years ago

    If you are looking for new towels, check the ones at Trader Joe's, they are really nice.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I did as @bpath suggested…on a draw pull, under the sink.

    I can fit two there, folded in thirds, when the need arises.

  • 5 years ago

    i woukd be nervouse having a damp towel next to the wood cabinets.

  • 5 years ago

    @eld6161…the towels rest on the drawer pull below. They never touch the wood. The draw pulls stand far enough away from the drawer, so that wouldnt be a problem, anyway.

  • 5 years ago

    These are all wonderful suggestions - a lot to consider !

  • 5 years ago

    I put these thingies on an end cabinet. To protect the wood I covered the cabinet with clear repositionable contact paper. Easy and invisible to the casual observer.

  • 5 years ago

    However you hang them I suggest linen kitchen towels. They dry very quickly and never leave lint on your glassware or china.

  • 5 years ago

    I added a towel bar to the end of my island.

  • 5 years ago

    I have a kitchen cart with towel bar.. Or over the kitchen rod angled the towel to look like a curtain.

  • 5 years ago

    Towel on my refig. handle.

  • 5 years ago

    Tension bar under sink cabinet using microfiber towels. Leave out to dry on sink grid and put away on tension bar

  • 5 years ago

    We keep them on range handle. We have extras folded in a drawer.



  • 5 years ago

    I use my stove handle for a decorative towel but dishwasher handles for everyday ones because they're much higher and closer to the sink!