Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (29)

• sushipup2
    2 years ago

I have no words. But I would love to see the original house.

Oh, and I think I could live with a suit of armor by the front door.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Well, it’s certainly colorful. I actually started getting dizzy and had to stop looking.

I kept hearing the Star Trek theme song, for some reason, and picturing them getting up to shenanigans in the kitchen.

I wonder where the owners are moving next? And if they’ll decorate the same way? Imagine packing all that up.

• maddielee
    2 years ago

I had to pause at the kitchen (?) - is this the kitchen?

• DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

That kitchen island is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen - didn't see much point in looking further.

• deegw
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It's like a terrible showhouse. Every room is over-decorated and there is barely a relationship to the other spaces.

The front exterior is kind of cool.

• bpath
    2 years ago

They should have my realtor come over and tell them what to remove.

• Springroz
    2 years ago

“The list of details is endless” Funniest thing I read all day! Every slide got better. Proof that ”More is more”…….

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

Not to mention the powder room 😵🤮

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

The exterior is the best part.

• salonva
    2 years ago

Well, it's certainly not cookie-cutter.

• bbstx
    2 years ago

With a counterful of framed photographs, I think there isn’t much cooking going on in that kitchen.

• deegw
    2 years ago

Can you imagine having to fix all those nail holes on the walls?

• jill302
    2 years ago

Just crazy. Surprised the realtor did nor have them pack up at least half the house, may not have helped much though.

• newkitchenny55
    2 years ago

That is 5 minutes away from where I grew up!

• joshuasamah
    2 years ago

For Long Island the taxes are a bargain🤣

• Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    2 years ago

If you look at the reflection of the opposing wall in the kitchen cabinet doors, i think you’ll see babies in baskets.

These are not beige people.

I couldn’t stop laughing, this has to be on zillow gone wild.

• Bunny
    2 years ago

With a fussy photo gallery surrounding the gas cooktop? That's just dumb.

• Fori
    2 years ago

It has good bones. Not practical bones, but if you scraped off all the decor it would be pretty nice.

On a totally unrelated note, I feel inspired to declutter a room today.

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Fori, yes underneath it looks like a pretty decent late modern with deco revival interior details. I feel like I see this regularly. Unusual houses will often sit on the market for a while, end up at a lower than average price in the neighborhood, and then are bought by people who superimpose their unusual taste all over it. They may actually be attracted to the house in the first place because it is "different" but not pay any attention at all to the style that makes it different when they redecorate.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I like it a lot, but I would get rid of the framed photos sitting on the kitchen counter. I also would not use the baskets in the kitchen that are under the cabinets - too much stooping required.

I love the color schemes, although less so in the brown rooms or the ones with too much wood. I especially like the blue bathrooms and particularly the blue walls in the powder room.

The suit of armor at the front door does remind me of The Addams Family, but then I always liked their decor as well.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

So many thoughts. That is a lot of stuff in the foyer. Why is there a plastic container (and baskets) under the kitchen cabinets? Are they holding more photos?! Is that a glass partition on the island to hide the sink? Did the DR sideboard/bookcase/display case come off the showroom floor or was it a custom piece?

Is that paint or wallcovering in the powder room? Did you catch the Poodle towel?! LOL And drip stains down the side of the stainless steel sink cabinet... and two kinds of incense. OMG, I don't know where to look in the black tile bathroom!

One cat silhouette in the purple harp room would have been a semi-cute surprise. OMG, again, there are family photos EVERYWHERE! (I have none in our house!) I guess they ran out of family pics for the laundry room.

Sending this one to DD2 for her bad FB house group she's in.

• Carolae
    2 years ago

The kitchen and dining room are on the first level, but the living room and family room are on the second level, which I think is odd. And I can’t figure out what that black round thing is in the family room. The lower level looks more conventional, not so… shiny.

• cawaps
    2 years ago

What is going on with this wall? Does it not have a bottom? Is is mirrored? If it is mirrored, why can't I match up the reflection to what's in the room? If is doesn't have a bottom, why? how? I'm so confused.

Having read the comments before I looked at the house, I spent a lot of time trying really hard to imagine what the house would look like empty, and I do think that it has good bones and could be really amazing.

• maddielee
    2 years ago

@cawaps it looks like the ’wall’ is a partition hanging from the ceiling. The floor is sooo shiny no mirrors are necessary.

• Carolae
    2 years ago

@cawaps I think those are windows that overlook the staircase that connects the kitchen with the lower level.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    2 years ago

What is the ceiling in the master bedroom (photo 23)?

The last thing I want to see in a kitchen is me reflected by a wall of mirrors while I cook and prep.

I like the exterior, but that garage door is a miss.

If the house were totally empty, I think it would show much better.

• Carolae
    2 years ago

I can’t get over how shiny many of the floors are. How slippery are they?

• blubird
    2 years ago

This isnt the only over the top house in Woodmere…

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@blubird, no, this is a not uncommon sort of style in Queens and eastern Nassau counties, I feel like I see versions of it regularly.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio