Software
Houzz Logo Print
alicemscotti

Paint suggestions

4 years ago

Just bought this house and trying to pick paint colors prior to move in!
After a lot of back and forth, we DID finally commit to painting all the trim and kitchen cabinets (BM White Dove). The decorative wood above the fireplace and as well as the beams will stay as is, though.
I’m trying really hard to be decisive and think I’ve settled on BM November Rain for the living room walls.
I’m totally stuck for the dining room and kitchen, though!! These two rooms are mostly continuous with one another, so I feel like they should get painted the same color. But since the dining room has two openings into the living room (one rather large), it has been suggested that the paint color needs to complement the living room wall color. The dining room gets a lot of light, especially in the afternoon (W/SW exposure), while the living room gets essentially zero sunlight (2 tiny windows, trees, SE exposure).

I am a Ben Moore girl and most familiar with their colors, so I’d prefer to stick with them. I like greens and blues but would like to avoid anything too colorful or bright colored. Also, anything baby-blue leaning is a no-go because of sports!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments (3)