Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cali_sawyer

Cabinets.com worth it?

Cal S
2 years ago

I'm on a tight budget, like everyone else. I was going to make Kraftmaid work and stretch my budget until their price increase in November. I can't stomach it now.
I've been doing a lot of research into RTA stores or other online shops. So far, cabinets.com has come back with really good reviews. I'm not looking for anything Earth shattering because I've always had terrible kitchens. I really just want the basics+, like soft close and maybe a few upgrades.
Can anyone talk to me about their experience with cabinets.com??

Comments (19)

• Verbo
    2 years ago

Gawdawful import junk with terrible logistical problems waiting on that slow boat from china.

• Cal S
    Original Author
    last year

I didn't realize this was still getting traction. I ended up getting a quote from them and including the sale they were running, the price was DOUBLE what I was quoted for Kraftmaid from my local hardware store. So... I'm making Kraftmaid work!

• Mark Tassoni
    last year

Is this for real? Seriously?

Because the head of customer service the other day said he was going to personally supervise the remaking of my cabinets. I know he was kind of joking but I would hate to find out that they were not actually making cabinets in the United States.

• Verbo
    last year
    last modified: last year

They manufacture absolutely nothing. They are sellers of import RTA cabinets. And not very good ones. They dont really “design” either. Their employee’s role is to sell you the highest priced junk they can, and as much of it as they can. The only thing that they are good at is marketing, and separating people from their money for junk.

• Cal S
    Original Author
    last year

Mark - I do agree they make it sound like they produce the cabinets! Wild.

• Mark Tassoni
    last year
    last modified: last year

yeah, we're looking into it. something fishy going on there. only some of the cabinets in our order were stacked and wrapped properly on the pallets. If this was indeed shipped from Florida to our home in PA, I don't know how the boxes could have been in this horrible condition.

and the cabinets that looked OK on the pallet were all damaged. they look used. honestly looks like they sent us cabinets that were returned or used. it's embarassing. i'm trying to post photos here, but they're not showing up.

• Dorothy Ellis
    last year

We placed a large cabinet order from Cabinets.com and their quality control is horrendous. Over half the cabinets we received were damaged in some way and some of the damage was due to shipping, and some was due to poor workmanship. We had to wait over a month to get things replaced, delaying our job, and costing additional money. I would not recommend ordering from them at all.

• Mark Tassoni
    last year

I could write all day about this company. A replacement cabinets came a few weeks ago and they were in OK shape. They really don’t put much care into to the workmanship. They just don’t. Anyway, two weeks ago they sent us the same shipment again so they’re really disorganized. So now we have seven extra cabinets just sitting in front of our garage that were dropped off by delivery company. And when I emailed them to have them return they have not responded at all.

Hey, I’m just one person. You might get lucky and get good cabinets but, they are really not that cheap. You’re better off going to Home Depot and I guarantee you that craft made it making cabinets with better plywood than what cabinets.com are using

We are so disappointed. When I get around to it I’m going to post the 40 or 50 pictures of damage

• Mark Tassoni
    last year

Check out the workmanship on this door. And they claim it has to do with shipping. This door was wrapped in plastic so it was not wrapped very well and behind a little piece of cardboard so there’s no way that shipping could have done it. I just don’t understand why they keep bragging about their exceptional quality control. Again, this is one of about 40 or 50 photos that I can send

• Cal S
    Original Author
    last year

Mark, you'd be shocked at the quality I got from Kraftmaid, too. Honestly, I think everyone just sucks at this point. This is a Kraftmaid Cabinet we recently had delivered. It's just one of a few examples of issues we've had. The replacements came in even worse than some of the originals, too. It's wild.

• Mark Tassoni
    last year

Yeah, probably. But the lack of urgency from Cabinets.com is so egregious. They also recently erroneously sent me an order of 7 cabinets. No idea why they sent them but they did. When I contacted Bryan in customer service 2 weeks ago, he told me he'd take care of it. But they're still here blocking our garage. No plan in sight to remove them.

• Cal S
    Original Author
    last year

Kraftmaid took 4 weeks to send me replacements that were significantly worse than the originals. Absolutely wild.

• Mark Tassoni
    last year

Took them over 2 months to honor my claim for damaged doors. They finally came in, not to my surprise, they are just as damaged is the original doors. I hope more and more people see this review. Do not buy from cabinets.com, go to IKEA and wait a little bit longer. Everything will come in a box and everything will be in great shape with no scratches or nicks anywhere. And all you have to do is easily assemble and then you’ll live fine. You’ll be so happy. Do not buy anything from this company.

And, this is important. None of this damages from shipping. It’s not. It’s damage from somebody not caring.

• george arutunyan
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

The woodwork is good, the final assembly is terrible. I can only imagine how the person who attached the rails hated his job

• HU-918575486
    21 days ago

Do NOT buy from cabinets.com

the cabinets are chipped and warped

• HU-918575486
    21 days ago

I wish everyone would post reviews on the cabinets.com houzz page because their reviews look good with over 4 stars it isnt accurate at all

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    20 days ago

Find a local dealer that sells J&K cabinetry. Low price...good quality for that price.

• Henry Stowe
    5 days ago

Cabinets.com sucks. I have been waiting more than 2 months for my cabinets. Their customer service is dismissive and their designers hard to work with. I haven't gotten my cabinets yet because they tried mailing it to an address in Texas when they should have gone to Oklahoma. They can't give me a proper date on the cabinets. This is costing me money time and most of all, aggravation. I DO NOT recommend this company.