Software
Houzz Logo Print
fabnfun21

Help with curb appeal !! Any thoughts?

4 years ago

Hi everyone! I’m looking to get some guidance on adding a little curb appeal to my home. I’m not looking to spend a fortune, but I was wondering if I should add 2 more of these potted plants to the outer two columns for better uniformity?? In addition, besides adding a little bench…is there anything else I can/should add? Thank you all!

Comments (9)

  • 4 years ago

    Your house is very cute. I would choose a different door color, perhaps dark red, olive green, pumpkin , or others. It appears that the railing is black, so I would paint the posts black, also. Then, maybe decorative house humbers, large porch lights, and window treatments that look good from the outside as well as the inside…

  • 4 years ago

    i agree with @grapefruit1_ar about door color & house numbers that are more visible. I suggest bold black numbers to tie in with fence & gate. I also agree about painting porch posts black. If you change door color, big pots same color as door & planted with seasonal colored plants would look great. I wouldn’t add more of what looks like jasmine in the 2 pots you have - do something else for variety. Rather than adding a bench to porch, I’d add 2 comfortable chairs & a small table between. Black chairs with colorful cushions to match front door. I don’t know what front of your house faces but if porch looks inviting & friendly with comfy chairs, you might enjoy sitting out there

  • 4 years ago

    Thank you for your feedback!! I love all of these ideas…. We JUST painted the door because the previous owner had it like a bright red. I also think the numbers need to be larger as well and black in color 😊 Thank you both!!

  • 4 years ago

    @Trista Taylor - since you just painted door, you certainly don’t want to do it again. The turquoise color is good. I think the problem is colors look differnt on monitors. The house must be gray, yes? It has a lavendar tone on my screen. If you add more black with numbers & painting porch columns, the theme will work. Add more of the turquoise door color in chair cushions & big plant pots

  • 4 years ago

    I love that idea….!!! I am getting this unit to rent out so we are looking at cost effective options! Honestly all these options sound great! I’ll look at chairs tomorrow!

  • 4 years ago

    Move the potted plants to the outside posts - they crowd the entry. Are you sure renters will take care of potted plants?

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    IMO let the renters buy the chairs and as for the plants I would get fake since in my experience renters do not take care of plants .At least move the garbage cans to along the side of the house between garbage pick ups . Since you have no yard keep it simple it looks like there is a gate to close off the driveway I think a nicer idea would be a fence with a gate at a walkway to the entry with some planters along there to give thta place a bit more of a feel like a home.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    @Trista Taylor - yes, I agree with @Patricia Colwell Consulting Because this is a rental I would upgrade the house numbers and that’s it. Unless this is a short term furnished beach rental where cute porch furniture & plants will benefit you by higher rental fees etc & you’re in the property frequently to care for potted porch plants etc. I assumed it was trash pick up day & that’s why bins on street!

  • 4 years ago

    The potted plants are actually for the appraisal . They will come with us when we leave