Software
Houzz Logo Print
unamcgirr

Silestone - Battle Of The Finishes!

4 years ago

Hi folks. About to order a new kitchen with navy and white cabinets. We are going with Silestone for the counters, but I’m reading mixed reviews on the suede finish. keen to hear from anyone who has either the polished or suede countertops and to ask if you would buy the same finish again? like both very much but want to keep marks and stains to a minimim. I would really value your feedback on either and how they have held up. Many thanks. PS photo is the polished Iconic White from Silestone

Comments (13)

  • 4 years ago

    Polished Silestone in our bathrooms. You're very easy to keep up with water and soap, no chemicals. They are prone to etching if you're not careful with cleaning up acidic residues. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it in the kitchen. I don't like sueded looks so I can only comment on polished.

  • 4 years ago

    Thanks v much for your input.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Hi Una! We are so excited you’ve chosen Silestone for your new kitchen countertops. Both Polished and Suede are beautiful and resistant finishes, but it all comes down to lifestyle - we want to make sure your countertops adapt to your wants and needs. If you’re accustomed to using abrasive cleaning products, we recommend going for the Suede finish.


    If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.

  • 4 years ago

    Thanks. I'd like to understand why so many customers have issues with the suede finish. I'm sure you're aware of this from the many posts and feedback/complaints posted online. I'm sold on SIlestone so I'm not looking for a sales pitch but I would like to better understand how the two are finished, and why one seems to be better at not absorbing stains and dirt. Thanks.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Thank you for choosing Silestone!


    Please call us at (305) 571-7285 so that our specialist can explain all the details of each material. Ask for Victor; he will be happy to assist you.

  • 3 years ago

    Una-
    What did you decide on? I’m in the same boat. Navy cabinets and like the look of the suede. Many negative reviews are making me nervous though if suede is the right decision.

  • 3 years ago

    The texture of any matte surface grabs dirt inside that texture.

  • 3 years ago

    Hi Anke. We went for white silestone in kitchen and bathrooms. They’re wearing v well although it takes vigilance to keep the stains away. Only major downside is they’re not massively heat resistant- can’t put saucepans or hot objects on them, unlike marble, so we’re using lots of heat mats as needs be. They look great but if I was doing it all again, I think I’d probably pick a surface that I can rest hot cooking pots etc on.

  • 3 years ago

    Matte or glossy

  • PRO
    3 years ago

    The sueded finish is the bomb-diggety! I have Silestone Ethereal Dusk in a sueded finish in my bathroom and I also installed Silestone Charcoal Soapstone in a sueded finish for my client's kitchen. Much prefer this finish to the polished. Very elegant, IMO.

  • 3 years ago

    Looks great but functionally, in a kitchen, it’s not great for hot surfaces. Plus the constant need to be vigilant for stains (and limited products to use!)

  • 2 years ago

    We mixed Silestone polished counters on the perimeter counters and suede for the island to give it a concrete look. The suede does show grease and fingerprints more readily but both surfaces are very easy to clean. No regrets!