Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nida_durrani

master bedroom room decor help

Nida D
2 years ago

Hi, I am trying to redecorate my room. I need a little help. Im not sure what to do. I’m thinking of adding sheer curtains and adding a bench at the footboard of the bed. Any ideas of what else?

Comments (16)

• Nida D
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Also want to change the comforter

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

So you spend a small fortune on a bed and then you're going to cover up the foot board with a bench? No, no, no.!

As for the windows, your selection IMO should be heavy in scale to balance the bed. I saw white velvet drapery panels at HomeGoods the other day with fixed, inverted pleats that would be perfect for your windows.

Where is the other nightstand and lamp?

• Nida D
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I will check out home goods today. I do not have the other night stand unfortunately:/

• Sammie J
    2 years ago

Can we get the dimensions of the room? I'm wondering if your current layout makes the most sense...

With the current layout: Get another matching nightstand and lamp. Get a much larger rug - one that has some color, sits under the bed, and covers all but about 12"-18" of the perimeter of the room. Add two tall wingback armchairs for the entry wall, with a small table in between. Place a large fern, on a pedestal, in the center of the bump out. You could use some color - bedding like the pic below with coordinating solid color curtains? I agree that you need heavier draperies to balance the heaviness of the furniture.

• kandrewspa
    2 years ago

I'm sorry to be saying this if you just painted the room, but I don't think the wall color is doing the bed any favors. The colors are too similar, yet not the same. Maybe after you buy new bedding you could consider an accent wall?

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I would glam this room up. Not necessarily these color schemes, just some glam ideas.

That wonderfully ornate bed does not want to be casual or boring. :)

Or go moody.

The window area would be great for a chaise lounge.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    2 years ago

You need something on the other side of the bed. Find a coordinating table or chest. These are other pieces from the group. Surely you can find something that works.

• Kendrah
    2 years ago

Do you actually use your ceiling fan as a fan? If not, then I would get an ornate chandelier. Also, some accent bedding with a bit more contrast and much larger pillows. Yes, to heavy or ornate drapery. I wouldn't cover the foot of the bed with a bench. Maybe add a chair or chairs, or writing desk, to the area by the windows. More generously sized rug.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I was scrolling IG and this came up:

I’m liking the very subdued, sophisticated, retro vibe of it … and I thought of your room. Your bed could definitely work with a look like this — a ’60’s - ‘70’s traditional style with some French Provencal. A little bit formal without being stuffy.

Anyway, you might not like this style, I just wanted to show another option.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    2 years ago

First I would move the dresser to the all across from the bed. Unstuff that corner with the closet or bathroom door.

Then I would add some jewel tones, a much larger rug under the bed, curtains and different lamps.

https://jqueen-ny.com/collections/j-queen-new-york/products/lazaro-indigo-comforter-set

https://www.lampsplus.com/products/richford-brass-plug-in-swing-arm-wall-lamp-with-dimmer__1r145.html

https://www.rugs-direct.com/Details/Nourison-Concerto-CNC06/140973/226986?source=roomvo

• Nida D
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for all the great ideas! I will look into all of these suggestions.

• Nida D
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Has anyone ever used peel and stick wallpaper? I was thinking to add an accent wall as many suggested.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    2 years ago

Layout first, .......then finishes and embellishments.

• Nida D
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Do you suggest a bed in bag? Or a white duvet with a pop of color with the pillows?

• Kendrah
    2 years ago

I honestly don't know what bed in a bag means. I think you can use what you have now but put a more textured, deeper colored neutral coverlet at the foot of your bed and same goes for some large shams too. I like the color of your lamp shade and think you could accent your bedding and your drapery with something like that to give some more depth and texture to the room.

These pics have an ornate glamourous vibe using neutrals without everything being all white and beige.

Rittenhouse Brownstone · More Info

Roland Digs · More Info

Chimney Rock Residence · More Info