Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham4_gw

Some clumps on a Thursday

Nancy 6b
last year
last modified: last year

Things are really starting to pop. Not quite at peak yet, but getting there fast. Been having to water, so very hot.

Comments (9)

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Green Rainbow has not had the pretty flowers I am used to, does not care for the heat I guess. Neither do i

Whip City Sweet Honey Bee, large flowers on short scapes

Parrots of the Caribbean, another pretty flower on consistently short scapes

Get Jiggy's 1st flowers this year

Thundercat, not exactly a clump

Crazy Ivan

Jamaican Love has almost outgrown its space

Spacecoast Francis Busby

Evening Enchantment is late to bloom this year

Skipjack, has mostly short scapes, if only more would grow taller

Fiesta Latina

Rapid Eye Movement

• shive
    last year

Jamaican Love has really multiplied for you! I always like Parrots of the Caribbean. Do you have some soaker hoses in your beds? I have one in a seedling bed, and bought two earlier this week, but it's just been too hot to put them down. I plan to install them on Saturday, the cooler day, if anything is still alive by then. I think Crazy Ivan is my favorite of your clumps. SC Francis Busby and Evening Enchantment look great too!

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    last year

Nice. Evening Enchantment is my favorite of these.

Brad

• lilykate7a
    last year

The heat is oppressive for everything isn’t it? I don’t think I have ever been so hot as yesterday when I did some much needed watering!

Jamaican Love is such a pretty clump. Evening Enchantment is a pretty purple-mine has finished blooming but was stunning this year. Fiesta Latina is very bright.

• organic_kitten
    last year

Some very nice clumps, Nancy! I always love Francis Busby, and Thundercat looks really good.Skipjack, and Fiesta Latina are very bight and uplifting and Rapid Eye Movement is a favorite of mine and it loos great. Very nice clump of Crazy Ivan too.

kay

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    last year

Nice clumps! I see your Get Jiggy has a pattern. Ours often does not. I also like SC Francis Busby and Thundercat. I love the color of Evening Enchantment.

Nancy

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year

Debra, Jamaican Love has grown like crazy, good branching. Haven't counted the buds, but there are plenty. I bought a soaker hose last fall, intending to try it out. I forgot to put it out, but you know my plants are close together and I would lose buds putting it down now.

Brad, I have had Evening Enchanent for years, about the same time I got Bela Lugosi. I keep thinking I need to get rid on one. The flowers on EE are a little Ruffled and prettier, but Bela's flowers are larger. They both bloom really well, I can't seem to let go.

Kate, is is really hot, I was watering this morning. I was as wet as the flowers by the time I got finished, and it was only 7:30. Fiesta Latina is not my favorite flower as a single flower, but you put it into a clump and wow! Can't stop looking at it.

• Julia WV (6b)
    last year

All very nice but Green Rainbow is my favorite. I grew Thundercat and I never did get a big clump all at once from it but more cascading of blooms, if I remember correctly. It has such a nice large blooms.

Julia

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    last year

So many nice clump shots, so many blooms. I like Evening Enchantment…..I couldn’t get rid of a purple here. I have Bela Lugosi too, it does really well, mine was bud king last season. Parrots of the Carribbean is really pretty, hope it gets taller for you.

Sherry