Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_164377217

Trim job is really bad.

Robann Hauser
last year

This is the trim job contractor did. Between trim pulling off wall cutting the trim on an angle top of doors and sides of doors. Also not lining trim up correctly. I think this horrible how about you?

Comments (11)

• Chris
    last year

It looks bad to me. Sorry.

• cat_ky
    last year

Is this the same contractor that did the porch, that you need to have redone? If so, I wouldnt let him touch another thing. He is wasting good materials, and everything he seems to do, has to be redone, and new materials purchased.

• ci_lantro
    last year

Yes, it is bad. Why haven't you fired him/ her? Expensive kindling.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

Paintable caulk to the rescue.

• Robann Hauser
    Original Author
    last year

Iam stuck with him. Had a fire. Insurance adjuster said this contractor was in his top three. Insurance company apparently signed the contract with the contractor. I feel hopeless. Believe or not we actually have to fight tooth and nail to get what we want. They go ahead and order things for my house install it and we know nothing about it till we stop at house.

• Robann Hauser
    Original Author
    last year

Here is the newest blunder from floor to cut out for door knob is 30" other doors range from 35" to 36 1/2".  I don't know what to do anymore.

• cat_ky
    last year
    last modified: last year

If thats the case, you need to complain to the insurance company. They wont force you to use their contractors, you could have chosen a contractor on your own. Take your pictures of the shoddy workmanship, and go to insurance office, and find the head person there, and make your complaints loud and clear. Oh, and you are never stuck with a bad contractor, you just need to do some complaining.

• Chris
    last year

What about an insurance adjuster…. If it’s not too late… they do all the fighting for you. Our neighbors used one and it made a really big difference.

• Robann Hauser
    Original Author
    last year

At that moment in time when you are at the lowest point of your life and i do mean low. I lost my fur kids in that fire and i tried like hell to get in there to get them out several times i also got electrocuted trying to get them out. 

ls were standing pretty much all belongings gone. Mind you fur kids were the most important things in that house including the house. I failed them cause i couldn't get them out. So at that time someone tells you the sky is purple and grass is pink you believe them. I did not have it in me to google every thing i needed to know about after a fire and what to expect from insurance company and a contractor. Your head well at y my head was in a fog for monthe

• Chris
    last year

I’m so sorry. Devastating. Its all understandable. It’s a terrible shame that this process is just adding to all your heartache. Hang in there.

• cat_ky
    last year
    last modified: last year

You didnt fail them, you tried. Sometimes, what we try is impossible. I have been through a bad fire in my house. Its dangerous to even try to get back in. So sorry, you are going through all this. However, now its time, to go see that insurance company, and your agent, in charge of your account. Take all your pictures with you. Tell him, and show him, that its all not acceptable. It needs to be done right, so you dont go through something like this again. Your agent, doesnt know what is going on, and that the contractor is doing a terrible job, until you go tell him/her. Dont accept things done wrong. You deserve better. Have the agent, go with you to the house. Show him/her the shoddy work.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County