Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Photos from a rainy day

I am so glad to be able to say it was a rainy day. Technically, the rain didn't start until about 3 pm, but it rained for more than an hour and a half. We probably got over an inch, which we needed badly. The flowers should look beautiful tomorrow unless it rains again (which is predicted). I will take a couple of days of damaged blooms to replenish our ground moisture.

It was overcast this morning so I got some good photos.

This daylily bugs me. Actually, it's the name, Tale of Two Purples, that bugs me. It is a good grower.

I don't know what I did to the settings on the camera to get this dark background. I believe this is Arctic Bear. It was sent by mistake and the seller couldn't be more sure than that.

Candy Bandit has just started to flower. It's a robust plant.

Fox Lake Fantasy was hybridized by a friend in Indianapolis. It is also a robust plant.

Happy Place

Heavenly Christmas Cactus also makes a robust plant.

Heavenly Snowflake was a bonus. We don't usually buy many white daylilies.

Mayan Warrior's color is quite saturated.

Orange Angel has such glowing color. As you might imagine, it is one of Bob's favorites.

Rosy Wren is not fancy but I love the color. This is a small bloom.

More to come . . .

Comments (11)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    last year

Something in My Teeth is finally doing well. It has taken a while (and a relocation) to get established.

I bought this little one for $5 and I love it. The bloom is quite small (true mini, I believe) and it has very well budded scapes. It is Swinging Miss.

Whoa Mule was just planted this spring but it is doing well. I like that fact that it is a reverse bitone.

Witch King of Angmar is one of our 2022 intros.

This is the first flowers open for Yin. Its pollen went around the garden this morning.

Seedlings to follow

Original Author
    last year

We love this seedling--Pineapple Bites X Extreme Tangerine.

This is Pineapple Bites X Wandering Werribee.

We are doing more dips. This is Little Donny Darko X Jean Clement.

This is Sun Bear X Wandering Werribee.

That's enough for today.

Nancy

• Nancy 6b
    last year
    last modified: last year

Lots of nice oranges today. Love the 1st seedling! I think that is my favorite of all. You got me curious about the parentage of A Tale if Two Purples. Both parents are purple, seems like an odd outcome.

• shive
    last year

Wow! I love that shot of Arctic Bear. It looks a lot like my late blooming near white seedling. I like Heavenly Snowflake too! I'm very fond of near whites. Pineapple Bites X Extreme Tangerine has super color and edge! Congrats on that one! Orange Angel is a very pretty orange!

Debra

• lilykate7a
    last year

So glad you got rain. Loving all these oranges! That first Pineapple Bires seedling is spectacular! I like Heavenly Snoeflake also. And Candy Bandit is pretty. Witch King of Angmar-Tolkien I believe-Is this plant as indestructible as the Witch King?!! :)

Original Author
    last year

Kate, Witch King is a strong plant--mid late bloomer with a good scape of 4 way branching and 24 buds, good increaser. It seems to be sunfast in our garden. We draw inspiration for Tolkien for several of our intros.

• Julia WV (6b)
    last year

Nice group of seedlings. I do like some whites in the garden bed to offset all the color so I like Arctic Bear. Whoa Mule looks interesting with the reverse color.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    last year
    last modified: last year

What is the parentage of Witch King? Both Pineapple Bites seedlings look appealing.

Mayan Warrior is very striking. Both parents (Gavin Petit and Pumpkin Prince) were standouts this year.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

Showy color on your seedling Pineapple Bites x Extreme Tangerine...... Something in my teeth looks to be a pretty pastel color and your friend did well on Fox Lake Fantasy..........Maryl

• Brad KY 6b
    last year

I like the Tale of 2 Purples, but the name would bother me too. I really like Orange Angel; it is a really nice orange.

Brad