Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham4_gw

Starting to wind down

Nancy 6b
last year
last modified: last year

A sad time when you start seeing several plants finish up. I still have a few late bloomers that have not opened. Next post shows a few still lingering

Comments (9)

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year

Rainbow Dragon is really pretty and done quite well. You will see weeds and grass in the beds. Got a little rain last Saturday and those things grow like crazy.

Very last bloom on Westbourne Seafoam Candy. It started blooming in late May i believe. Curious to see how it does next year. Supposed to be a mid late. I got it last spring, 2020, it did not bloom last year. Seems like it would be settled to bloom normal time.

Boys Night Out with Mocha making a cameo

White Unto Harvest is a big flower. I got Ivory Titan the same year as this, they look so similar but IT is taller. Both big flowers, sturdy, well budded scapes.

Subtle Knife

Love Struck Linda, yep, more weeds down there

Tahiti Sweetie

Small World Dreams Come True is the name if my memory serves. And it probably does not

Heavenly United We Stand

I don't think I have posted Sherry Lane Carr. On its last blooms, but it has been going over a month

Sailor Sky is not an early morning opener usually, but it was awake today. A real bright spot in the garden. I often look at my daylilies from the front porch, it just looks like a blue of orange. Mind, i don't actually have many orange daylilies. This one stands out as NOT ORANGE

Not many buds left on Entwined in the Vine, but it is another that has been blooming about 4 weeks. A little pale today.

Hakuna Matata, with Mapping Pennsylvania peeping in at the bottom corner. And my sun burned hosta and ferns in behind just look dismal.

• shive
    last year

I'm glad to see Rainbow Dragon doing well for you. I noticed today mine has a rebloom scape coming. I'm most impressed by your three Davissons. I didn't remember you had Boys Night Out. I like that one the best because of the purple color. The clump of Tahiti Sweetie is impressive with the number of blooms, and Lovestruck Linda has such pretty colors. You really have a lot of Davissons now, don't you?

Debra

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year

You made me count, LOL. I have 17 now. Rumba Numba was not impressive on its buds. Got it spring 2020, it did not bloom last year. Several fans this year, only 1 scape. Early Shirley is not impressive either, but I plan to move it in the fall to see if it improves. Loud Girls has not done much. Abby Davisson does pretty good, but all the others have been amazing. No Boys Allowed was new last year and been absolutely amazing.

• Julia WV (6b)
    last year

It may be winding down but you have some lovelies in this grouping. Glad to hear about White Unto Harvest and will look it up. Tahiti Sweetie is a favorite for me. Mine will be blooming shortly.

Julia

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year

Julia, I just looked up the stats on Ivory Titan and White Unto Harvest. Ivory Titan is 42", and that is about what it is, without actually measuring it. White Unto Harvest is shorter, but it is taller . Stats say 25", but it looks.only a few inches shorter than Ivory Titan.

• lilykate7a
    last year

The clump of Tahiti Sweetie is so pretty. Rainbow Dragon looks good. Love Struck Linda has good color. I like the delicate look of the Westbourne. White Ivory has that big flat look I like.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

Rainbow Dragon looking very good in your picture. Mocha seems a little shy behind Boy's Night Out. I would be too. Boy's often can be rowdy.......Sailor Sky is always pretty, but I like orange........Sherry Lane Carr always bloomed for an extra long time here too when I grew it. It didn't hold it's yellow color as well as I liked so when a friend spotted it in bloom and wanted a couple of fans I gave him the whole enchilada. He still has it and still likes it...........Maryl

• Nancy 6b
    Original Author
    last year

Whoops. I think that is Rainbow Maker, not Dragon. Guess I need to keep a list of names beside me. lol, Maryl, yes, Mocha has to put up with 2 other boys, so she is very shy of boys. She gets picked on a lot. Sherry Lane Carr holds color well here, but then it is near some burning bushes that shade it in the afternoon.

• shive
    last year

Boy, I don't know why I didn't notice you had the wrong name on Rainbow Maker. Seventeen Davissons is a lot! I only have ten.

Debra