Software
Houzz Logo Print
andreaywong

Should I use this color?

13 years ago
Ellen, this is such a beauty! What do you think of this wall color with a greyish/ beige table & dark brown chairs? I have been going back in forth with this color or more of gray color. Any advice will be appreciated!
Ellen Grasso Inc · More Info

Comments (16)

  • 13 years ago
    Ellen your absolutely the best! This is my new dining set that I attached, color is off a bit in the pic, table is bit more gray. Do you still agree? The color in your beautful design is what I had Sherwin Williams mix for me. Its the color drizzle cut to 30%. I have been so confused... Gray or this color!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Do the blue but make a tinge more gray . The color in the house I built has a little bit of green undertone to it but your table colors look a little cooler in tone. What makes a color really interesting is having 4 different tints in the color. The paint you buy off a chip usually has 2-3 tints in it. Adding a different tint color, even if it's only the TINIEST amount gives depth and interest to the wall color. It may not be something you can put your finger on, but will be noticeable. All paint stores have universal paint tint colors they can add. If you want the color cooler, try adding a drop of black. The guys at the paint store should work with you. Another thing you can do is go to a fabric store and get a swatch of a fabric that has the color you love in it and then have the paint store computer match to the fabric.
    Andrea thanked Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you Ellen! I'm going to try to get a drop of black. Again think you so much!
  • 13 years ago
    Ellen, gorgeous room! What is the brand of the lights? Diameter? Love them
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The light came from Currey and Company. I believe it's 37" wide by 48" high.
  • 13 years ago
    Perfect! Thank you.
  • 12 years ago
    I love the wall color. What colors would I use to achieve this look?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It's a mix of very soft gray/green/blue colors. We used Sherwin Williams paint to mix the color. Color is different in different light. A color can look great at one house and then look horrible at another.
  • 12 years ago
    Where did you get the mirror from?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I don't know. The homeowner got it through her decorator
  • 12 years ago
    Where did the table and chairs come from? They're exactly what I'm looking for!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    All the furniture in this house was custom made in Dallas.
  • 12 years ago
    Ellen .I love your designs
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you so much!
  • 12 years ago
    hi Andrea, I'm wondering if you ever painted your room drizzle and if you added the drop of black?
    I went to sherwin Williams and got the same color at 30% and it looks great all ready.