Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

What's Still Blooming Here

shive
last year
last modified: last year

There are only a few daylilies left blooming here this week. We did get some rain and cooler temps yesterday, so the flowers from today look less anemic.

Wizard's Wish

Carmen Renee

Divas in Diamonds has a couple more blooms

Last flower on Dixie Hummingbird

White Eyes Pink Dragon two days ago, faded from the heat

White Eyes Pink Dragon today after 1.75 inches of rain and a cooler day

Mystic Maize has a rebloom scape on the way!

Tiffany Shade

Seedling Dearest Valentine X Unknown is reblooming.

White Tooth X Skater 2R continues to delight me with its pinched petals and white teeth. The bloom is 7.75 inches. It is reblooming.

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    last year

Both seedling are winners...Love that purple color on White Tooth X Skater 2R. and that is a lovely Dearest Valentine kid. nice group on Wizard's Wish, and a pretty Carmen Renee clump. Mystic Maize is a nice yellow and rebloom is welcome. WEWD looks good in it "hydrated' bloom. Dry heat bothers everything. I have a few roses blooming for the first time since the heat began. And I am still finding reblooms.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

I like Mystic Maze. It's good to see you adding some yellows. But you know me and yellow...........Wizard's Wish is sure showing off. Nice one................Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    last year

Maryl - This is the third year for Mystic Maize. It's a yellow I really like.

Kay - High heat without rain fades those flowers quickly. I'm glad you're getting some bloom on new roses!

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    last year

Tiffany Shade is a very interesting bloom, lovely color too. Its great to see your seedlings are doing well, I like the pinched petals.

Sherry

• lilykate7a
    last year

I always love Carmen Renee and always wonder why I don’t have it!! Wizard’s Wish is so pretty, too. The seedlings look good. Is the White Tooth seedling finishing blooming or reblooming?

• Brad KY 6b
    last year

Debra, your Carmen Renee looks good. Tiffany Shade is interesting for its color and pattern. I like Wizard's Wish too.

Brad

• shive
    Original Author
    last year

Kate - The White Tooth seedling is reblooming. So far, it's the only one of the White Tooth kids to rebloom.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    last year

Glad to hear your getting some rain. Tiffany Shade is quite unique in color and the watermark area. I looked it up and see it is a Hanson from 2011. The last seedling (White Tooth x Skater) looks good and the color shows well. .

Julia

• mantis__oh
    last year

Two inches of rain! You will have to do some weeding probably. Good to see rebloom on your DV seedling.

• shive
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Mantis - I already had plenty of weeds before the rain. The moisture is making them get very tall. I did two hours of weeding early this morning. But I doubt I can stand to weed in the coming days. Today was a heat index of 112, and it's only going to get worse. Tomorrow morning starts at 79 degrees and plenty of humidity. Almost all of Dearest Valentine's seedlings have instant rebloom.

Julia - Tiffany Shade is on my Move Out list. I've never much liked its color. Thanks for your comment on the seedling!

Debras

• Nancy 6b
    last year

Storming here for the last 3 hours, lots of lightning, and rain it sounds. Not much sleep though. Seems to be about over. Got some rain yesterday morning too. You have some beauties today, I think my favorites are you seedlings. The Dearest Valentine seedling is especially pretty.

• shive
    Original Author
    last year

Nancy - There was supposed to be heavy rain here last night, but we only got a trace in the early morning hours. At least today doesn't feel as hot and humid. Yesterday's 112 heat index was no fun.

Debra

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES