Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

More as Interest Wanes

mantis__oh
last year
last modified: last year

I have a backlog of so many pics. All of these, though, are in the last week or so.

Lavender Stardust

Carrick Wildon --lots of picture days

Christopher Hitchens --just starting

Tropical Fruit Fight

Ideological Worldview

Electric LadyLand

Becky Adams

Free the Captives --well budded, large blooms nicely placed on scapes. And it comes later, which people claim they like.

Vision of Things to Come --of course had to have its best picture day in the rain

Honey On My Lips

Joshua Slocum

Doctor McGregor's Garden

In Living Color

Bridge of Sighs

Becky Adams earlier

How Lovely You Are --filled with blooms, day after day. Fantastic bud count. Hard to photograph in its location (delicate pastel coloration).

Comments (8)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

What a parade of beauties. Top 3 as of this moment would be Vision of Things to Come, Lavender Stardust and In Living Color.....Funny about raindrops. I like them occasionally on roses, but not on daylilies. I had a really nice group of daylilies blooming all together the other day and as I turned around to marvel at them the hose went with me and sprayed them all.... RATS!........Maryl

• shive
    last year

I think Vision of Things to Come might be my favorite of these. I don't mind the raindrops at all! Ideological Viewpoint also catches my eye. Such a nice group of blooms! How Lovely You are is such a nice pink for you. I grew it for two years and it was always cream here in my heat. I finally sent it up north.

Debra

• lilykate7a
    last year

After being down and out with a health issue for almost two weeks, I see I have lots of catching up to do. I will start here!

What a bounty of blooms still going. The clumps are stunning. Lavender Stardust is much darker in your garden than mine. Bridge of Sighs has a lot going on. Vision of Things to Come is a beautiful clump. Free the Captives is my kind of form.

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    last year

Sorry, it is Ideological Worldview. How Lovely You Are has morning shade here. It holds very well, but gets filtered sun most of the rest of the day. Very vigorous. Kate, there are days when LS is lighter. Nothing like an overcast morning, or better yet, intermittent clouds, to bring out rich color.

• Nancy 6b
    last year

Great pictures, and I can't pick a favorite, like them all. Joshua Slocum might have made me look twice. I even like Carrick Wilden. I have a seeding that flowered that reminds me of that one, and it will be a keeper for me.

• nat4b
    last year

Wow even more beauties! And such nice pics. I think my favorite is How Lovely You Are. Not only looks lovely but great bud count! I love that group of Lavender Stardusts. Ideological Worldview also makes a beautiful bouquet. And Christopher Hitchens is very beautiful, and late!

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    last year

Such a beautiful bunch of daylilies. I like Idealogical Worldview and Electric Ladyland. Bridge of Sighs has some interesting sculpting going on. I am not familiar with Free the Captives. I love the deep color.

Nancy

• Brad KY 6b
    last year

Another great bunch. Doctor McGregor's Garden hits number one spot for me! Beautiful. Also like Tropical Fruit Fight and Ideological Worldview.

Brad

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor