Software
Houzz Logo Print
rinseeroo

Bedroom closet door or slider ideas

4 years ago

Hi Houzz enthusiasts! I would love some ideas or feedback on closet doors or sliders. Our house was built in the 70's and though it's been mostly updated, some retro touches remain, like these sliders in front of the closet in the master bedroom. I feel like I'm totally blanking on an easy-ish update given a few constraints.
Total opening width 142.5 inches, height opening 80 inches. Each door is 36x78 and there are two tracks. There's a wall in the middle of the left and right sides but it's not at centre? It's about a 53.5 in opening on one side and 83.5 in on the other. When the doors are sitting in the tracks, there's maybe 1/4 inch between the doors. The doors are hollow core.
I was thinking paneling and painting, but I don't think that will work with the spacing between the doors. I was contemplating bringing the header up and doing an Ikea system but there's a weird drywall piece on the side of the wall above the blinds and across that wall (maybe for room darkening?) so I could only move up 2 inches without having to remove that piece (which I probably should in the long run but then it means probably retexturing the ceiling as there's a section behind this piece not textured.
Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something fairly easy and DIY, or maybe nothing is easy when I think it will be lol. Any and all advice, thoughts, feedback is appreciated! *Note: I don't think we're tidy enough to leave it as an open space without doors lol.
With thanks,
Lindsay
36×78
80 opening 82 before drywall side
142.5

Comments (3)