Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

Gettin' chillier

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
last year
last modified: last year

I was corresponding with relatives in Alberta and Saskatchewan and as we speak they were seeing temps of 1C early this morning! Yikes!

(What say you FrozeBudd?)

Comments (11)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    last year

what is that.. about 700 below zero for us here in the states? ...lol

its been cooling down my way also.. but its been so darn humid at night.. i dont want to open the window ... another 10 degrees ought to solve that ...

ken

• rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    last year

what is that.. about 700 below zero for us here in the states?

I think about 34F?

(Its hard to believe, that arguably the most technically advanced country in the world, has not (will never?) adopted the metric system.)

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    last year

At my place wasn't too bad this morning and toasty today and tomorrow before temperatures ease off. Has been a mean H\OT summer and absolutely bone DRY, only 0.5 inch of rain in nine weeks, a spark would light my lawn on fire, am tired of watering limp hanging plants, gardening is getting really tough these days with climate change and sure doesn't help being in a very strong rain shadow as well !! :( .... reason why I'm not posting all that much of late.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked FrozeBudd_z3/4
  • functionthenlook
    last year

Yep, we are heading into the multiple outfit days. Shorts and tees during the days and long pants and long sleeve shirts in the eve. Cloudy and increased rain. We usually don't get our first frost until October. No, I'm never ready for the weather in the 30s.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked functionthenlook
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    last year

Nights are getting cool. There are overnight temps of 8 and 9C (46 and 48F) in the forecast this week but days are still hot. Yes to the multiple outfits. There is a chance of rain Mon.-Tues. though we seem to be in a rain shadow as well for the last few years.

After all these years of metric most of us still measure in feet and inches for carpentry and cups, tsp. and tbsp. for cooking & baking. Old habits die hard.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • mxk3 z5b_MI
    last year

Yea, fall weather has set in -- warm days and cool nights. I do recall two years ago we had frost in mid-September (!!), which I distinctly remember because I paid no mind to the forecast and didn't cover my butternut squash with frost blanket and they got zapped (fortunately was able to still harvest those that had already matured).

We're nowhere near that this year but part of me wishes we were because the mosquitos are utterly beastly the last few weeks -- so much so that I have zero motivation to go outside to do anything, and I dread going out to harvest, it's a literal bloodfeast out there unless I suit up in long pants and sleeves and spray myself with Deet -- they just laugh at the 25% Deet, even the 40% doesn't keep them all at bay. I do have netting for my face; it isn't comfortable but I wear it anyway because I don't want Deet on my face, and I I finally broke down and bought a netted shirt yesterday, will see how that works. A good frost will zap those SOB's right out -- bring it on!

• L Clark (zone 4 WY)
    last year

I had a frost this morning

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked L Clark (zone 4 WY)
  • GardenHo_MI_Z5
    last year

Yes it has cooled off, yet the humidity still hasnt, only climbing...Yuck.

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked GardenHo_MI_Z5
  • lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
    last year

Yeah, the humidity is still high, and the mosquitos are as bad as ever near me as well. I sleep with the windows open despite the warmth, as i love hearing the night noises. But my allergies are going crazy right now and nothing I take seems to help.

I hope we don’t get frost anytime soon…I still have some pumpkins on the vine that need another month of growth. But yes, i’m definitely looking forward to cooler fall weather!

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
  • djacob Z6a SE WI
    last year

Yes, it’s cooling here too….. 50s at night, but beastly humid…..in fact it’s raining today, finally—- it’s been bone dry. I am never looking forward to frost. 😝

debra

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked djacob Z6a SE WI
Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio