Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_b_

Is this coffee table too red/dark?

Annie B.
last year
last modified: last year

Im struggling with what coffee table to put & color scheme between the wood tones. i just ordered a walnut one but after the company sent real images of it Im not too sure about it anymore because it seems a bit too red (was hoping for a more golden dark brown). My style is more minimal, scandinavian (or japandi). Trying to keep colors neutral (meaning no bright greens/yellow/blue, etc).

Noted:

*Ignore christmas decor since that is temporary.

*The accent chair colors are going to be reupholstered to a taupe brown/beige, similar to floor colors. the wood around it is walnut veneer

*Feel free to suggest other accent colors/furniture (like what color side table?) however the white wall is blank for screen purposes for our projector

*the picture bench is birch wood with clear matte stain

Please see current living photos as well as photo of walnut table Im purchasing. if I do keep the walnut table, wondering if i need to change up the color scheme a little (see sample photos below).

Current living area:

the walnut table i ordered:

Actual photo

stock photo:

if I cannot cancel the table or decide to keep it, im wondering if I need to change the color scheme a little to a more beige rug/wooden dining tables, etc. See sample photos below:

Comments (6)