Software
Houzz Logo Print
katherineevers

I'm in atl and want a mantel like this. Did you have it made? By whom?

13 years ago
Craftsman Living Room · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hello, Katherine. I believe the mantel was original to the home, but let me double check our files. Either way, a skilled trim carpenter should be able to recreate this. If you need some referrals, I might be able to help. Email inquiries @ historicalconcepts.com. (remove spaces!)
    katherineevers thanked Historical Concepts
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Katherine, I checked with the homeowner and the mantle was NOT original to this home but WAS salvaged from a home in Virginia Highlands that was the same period as this house. The tile surround is original to the house and was typical of many homes built in Inman Park and surrounding neighborhoods between 1905-1915.
    katherineevers thanked Historical Concepts
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you, Historical Concepts, for your replies some months ago. It was very kind of you to track down that information. Somehow I did not see your replies until now. ??? In the mean time I have done just as you suggested. I hired a trim carpenter and provided him with detailed instructions. The mantel turned out beautifully and now lives between two new built-in corner cupboards in my dining room. Boring blank wall now has some character.