Software
Houzz Logo Print
byram_lass

unable to match stairs retread to flooring

3 years ago

We put in Cortec Norwegian Maple LVP in for our floor anout 5 years ago. Now I would like to pull the old carpet from the stairs and retread it (the riser would be white) . The problem is between LL Products, Floor and Decor, and Lowes, there's just not a good match to the existing flooring. I can go either lighter or darker, or carpet it. Trying to stain unfinished wood isn't an ideal option due to labor costs. We did redo the upstairs carpet and it is darkish from a distance, moderate hues closer (Stainmaster Reverie Palm Desert), a mixture of browns of differing shades (I have plenty left over so material cost would be 0). The plan is also to replace old black iron railing with wood hand rails (white posts)



Suggestions as to whether I should go darker for contrast with the flooring. I really want flooring instead of carpet but you tell me what you think.


Thanks.


Comments (7)