Software
Houzz Logo Print
brbyah

What Ever Happened...?

3 years ago



I haven't been on Houzz as much as I used to, and I came back on and pouf,

Verbo has disappeared.

What ever happened?

Comments (19)

  • 3 years ago

    Not so sure Verbo has disappeared. Maybe just changed his identity.

    There is someone newer that goes by the name "Rinaldi" - (maybe not spelled correctly).

    Seems to have the same attitude, and also refuses to give any indication as to his qualifications or "expertise".

    loobab thanked Mary Elizabeth
  • 3 years ago

    Definitely still around using multiple aliases and fake phone numbers for "Pro" accounts, giving condescending advice on threads outside of whatever "expertise" is listed under their "Pro" account at the moment (a "Pro" in 'Conservatories and Orangeries' but snidely telling someone, for example, that their countertops were installed incorrectly? Mmmkay).


    Since Houzz has a no-vetting policy for Pro accounts, we should all be Pros. "Everyone can be a Pro. And when everyone's a Pro...no one will be." (Thank you Syndrome from 'The Incredibles')

    loobab thanked CeeWhy
  • 3 years ago

    CeeWhy, that made me laugh! He/she warned me a while back that I would surely burn down my house due to my “tiny” 42” range hood (even though I usually only use 2 burners at one time, maybe 3😉)!

    loobab thanked coray
  • 3 years ago

    Could this be the same person who has been posting as Mark Bittman, the food writer for the NYTimes?

  • 3 years ago

    Raimondi and like 20 or more other aliases.

    loobab thanked Stumped
  • 3 years ago

    Verbo didn’t have a very good bedside manner but their advise was usually accurate.

    loobab thanked thinkdesignlive
  • PRO
    3 years ago

    All you have to do to check a Pro is click .

    You see NO projects? NO photos of anything? Or fifteen zoom shots of some flowers on a table top ? Duh. : )

    Plenty of those here.....

    loobab thanked JAN MOYER
  • 3 years ago

    Verbo gives about as much lousy advice as (s)he does anything accurate. Plus (s)he is a dick. JuneKnow what I mean?

    loobab thanked L thomas
  • 3 years ago

    I don’t think Mark Bittman has anything do with Verbo….who I’m sure is laughing his/her butt off right now. Yes, at times his/her comments were correct, but I doubt I’ll be burning down my house…esp with all the water leaks I’ve had🤣🤣🤣 (JK, of course)

    loobab thanked coray
  • 3 years ago

    We have seen others get banned for being rude or inappropriate. It would not surprise me if Verbo was among those that have disappeared.


    loobab thanked Jennifer Hogan
  • 3 years ago

    Mark Bittman? That is an interesting association.

    Would it be fun to be a food critic?

    Gael Greene was supposed to be preserving her anonymity when she dined out.

    But other than ladies who took tea, (and they were in groups) who wore those great big hats to dine, and especially in New York City? Was she really fooling anyone?

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    I don't think Raimondi is Verbo.

    I have seen some of Raimondi's comments. He is right on the money with his observations and suggestions.

    I thought Verbo was too, however Verbo infused many of his/her comments with humor/wit/sarcasm, and evidence of many years of life and professional experience.

  • 3 years ago

    lol!

  • 3 years ago

    There is another recent thread about Verbo and all the aliases - even the tv show "Bachelorette" always has a villain, and Houzz has one too that's fun to dish about. For all the aliases it's an easy tell by the tone and same advice in all threads when he comments. Funny, if Verbo had used a different name, like "Bill," and not picked an avatar with the slick-sunglassed dude, he probably wouldn't be as memorable. It looks like he has a couple HU-# defaults in use now too.

    One bonus of so many usernames is he has to use a PC now, so his comments are edited and read better. Originally I think he mainly used his phone so there were a lot of mispellings from fat fingers.

    loobab thanked 3onthetree
  • 3 years ago

    Do pros post photos of their own homes? I’ve looked at a few names and sometimes see projects they work on, but am curious the state of their own living space.

    loobab thanked TLV 123
  • 3 years ago

    Some do and also share pics in comments on others’ advice-seeking threads.

    loobab thanked coray
  • PRO
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    Most Pros are a lot more like the shoemakers kid than you may ever realize, if only because when time is short, and you need "your" painter......"your" electrician......your contractor ? So does your client. And the next client and the next....... and. : )

    on it goes. You move to the head of the line, and then promptly displace yourself.

    loobab thanked JAN MOYER
  • 3 years ago

    Makes sense Jan. Thanks for explanation.

    loobab thanked TLV 123