Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arborwolf

SPRING 2023 PLANT SWAP Date - Please Vote!

arborwolf
last year

Good morning, All,

Lucy and I plan to hold this year's spring plant swap at her farm near Hwy 287 and County Road 4 in Berthoud, Colorado.

We can hold the swap on Saturday, May 13, 2023 or Saturday May 20, 2023 11:00 to 3:00 p.m. Of course, it will start with a potluck as traditional prior plant swaps.

We would like to get a count of who can come and what day would work for most people. Not sure if May 13 will be a problem since Mother's Day is May 14 this year. Hopefully, the weather holds.

Please let us know. Thanks.

Once we get an idea of what day works for all of you and who would like to come, we can send out specifics. Thanks in advance Skybird for your help!

Comments (15)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    last year

Either day works for me, but I'd probably prefer the 13th since it's earlier before I'll be headin' out to the hills--but, really, either day works fine for me!

Haven't been to a swap for a couple years and I'm really looking forward to it,

Skybird

SU 03.26.23 @ 1300 MDT

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

Both work for us (right now) but we also prefer the earlier date.

• De Zi
    last year

I prefer the 13th too. Thank you for hosting!

• tomatoz1
    last year

Thanks for offering to host the swap. The 13th is the better of the 2 dates.

• catnohat
    last year

May 13th would be my choice. Thank you so much for hosting!

• BohemianCottage
    last year

The 13th sounds good to me. looking forward to it!

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    last year

The 13th works for me, too!

• gjcore
    last year

The 13th is good.

• arborwolf
    Original Author
    last year

Hello All,

The Spring Plant Swap will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023 from 11am - 2 pm ish. It will be held in Berthoud, Colorado. (In the event of bad weather, we can move it to the following Saturday, but everyone has voted for the 13th!)

Can someone help (Skybird? or someone) and let us know how we post the address/phone for the event? and if we are to market it to another gardening group?

Thanks.

Arborwolf

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year

Arborwolf,

Thanks for hosting! Usually you turn on the ability for anyone to message you. Then people can msg you who want to attend and you give them the address.

I don't see any problem marketing it to other gardening groups. Anyone is welcome with or without plants to swap. Better to have more people bringing and taking home plants than left over plants.

• Sam CO z5
    last year

I really hope to be able to come this year!

• arborwolf
    Original Author
    last year

Okay, not to sound really naive, but how do I go about turning on messaging to get the information to people? Highly embarrassing!

• mmmm12COzone5
    last year
    last modified: last year

Upper right hover over Your Houzz. Scroll down to Edit Profile and Settings. Click on Advanced Settings. Scroll almost to the bottom to Who can message me. In the pull down box select Anyone can message me. Click Update to save the setting.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Arborwolf,

I recommend starting a new "actual swap thread" at this point! Recommend a subject of:

SPRING SWAP 2023 – SA May 13 at 11:00 a.m. in Berthoud! That'll give us a "fresh start" by getting rid of all the posts on this thread and I'll be able to get the FAQs right near the top to make them easier to find. Just post it on RMG, that gets to everybody who's close enough to come.

In that post I'd repeat your "near location," and put that: this is the place to let us know if you plan to come, and to tell us what you might be bringing, or what you're hoping to find if there's something specific you might be looking for.

As soon as I see the new thread started I'll post the FAQs, and I'll add what mmmm said above about how to enable private messaging--I don't think that's in the "current version" of the FAQs, and maybe there are other people who haven't done that yet and don't know how to do it. I'll also add that everybody needs to PM you with their email address so you can email them directly "about a week before the swap" with your exact address and, hopefully, some helpful directions on finding you if you think that might be necessary. To answer your question, that's how we get your exact address to everybody without posting it online.

So if you'll give us a "clean" thread to start with I do believe we can get the whole thing started at this point! I've already potted a couple things--but with the cold weather we've still been having I'm not positive if they're gonna make it or not--but there are more things I'm thinking of potting with "all the beautiful weather" that supposed to be coming up in this coming week!

Thank you for hosting,

Skybird

TH 04.06.23 @ 1055 MDT