Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Vintage Green Bowl - Maker?

Helen
last year

I have had this large green bowl for as long as I can remember -

I just like the way it looks. I don't think it is particularly valuable but I wonder if anyone knows which pottery company might have made it.

For some reason I think it is probably from the 1920's because the geometric design reminds me somewhat of the Art Deco aesthete.

Pictures are from when I was packing up everything in my house for my remodel. Size is the standard "large" mixing bowl size if that makes sense since the proportions of the picture are deceptive.

Comments (10)

• Jilly
    last year

It’s pretty! Here’s one like it: Ebay.

• Helen
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thanks I didn't recognize the mark. I have some other McCoy stuff but it has the actual McCoy brand on the bottom

• Jilly
    last year

I love McCoy items and see them at our fav antique mall often. That’s what made me think of it — I saw one similar recently, so searched ’McCoy depression bowls’. Regret that I didn’t get it!

• Helen
    Original Author
    last year

@Jilly Since you seem to have expertise on American pottery - do you have any insight into these two pitchers. Again, I don't think they are particularly valuable but I like them. That is essentially how I bought my vintage stuff - if I liked it and the price reflected its aesthetic appeal to me, I bought it. I never wanted to get involved with the stuff that was being counterfeited because I didn't want to have to deal with authenticating a piece

• Jilly
    last year

I’m not an expert, but love pottery and hunting for things … if I come across them, I’ll let you know! :)

Helen thanked Jilly
  • Jilly
    last year

Ok, I searched ’McCoy green pitcher fish handle’ and lots came up. Here’s one: Etsy

Love that!

Looking for the other, brb ….

My search terms were vague, but it came up! ’vintage watering can horn player’, first three:

Ebay

Ebay

Etsy

Helen thanked Jilly
  • orchidrain
    last year

Helen, I have the exact same bowl and love it. It was given to me by a coworker around 1970 when I was getting my first apartment. It is always displayed and will always remember her kindness and generosity. Will be following this post as I'm eager to find out its history.

Helen thanked orchidrain
  • Helen
    Original Author
    last year

@Jilly - Thanks - I wouldn't have thought of the pink pitcher as being Japanese although obviously the stuff they did for export emulated Western styles. I had always thought of the figure as being Pan :-)

• linda campbell
    last year

I have the water lily pitcher in tan. At one time I researched it, unfortunately I don't remember who made it but don't believe itg's "unmarked McCoy"...which si a catch all term for "I don't really know".

Helen thanked linda campbell