Software
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Where to begin? Contractor or Kitchen Designer?

3 years ago

I plan a total gut of my kitchen. Its a difficult space with angled walls, strangely angled entry, a powder room which faces the kitchen.

I need to move walls which will impact the adjoining rooms...living/dining room, entry hall.


I know one wall can be moved as I had someone check in the attic.


So, I can't plan a layout with the existing layout.

I'm so overwhelmed with this terrible space, I don't know who to call first.


I'm in SW Florida and do not know anyone to get recommendations.


Jane

Comments (8)

  • 3 years ago

    Can you narrow down SW Florida? Naples, Ft. Myers, Tampa?

    There are several people on the forums that have built/remodeled in SW FL in the last few years and would have people to recommend, but a rough location would help.

    jane__ny thanked chispa
  • PRO
    3 years ago

    My buddy Norm Walters is a licensed Florida remodeler out of Wesley Chapel (east of Tampa). Give him a call at 813-943-2543 please. He just quit his job as a Project Manager for a tract builder, so his plate may not be full yet.

    jane__ny thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • 3 years ago

    I’m in Sarasota.
    I still have the same cabinets, white. They are going as is everything else.
    Coming from NY, I’ve never seen anything like this.
    Why are walls angled?

    Jane

  • 3 years ago

    I have people/companies I can recommend in that area. I'll send you a message.

    jane__ny thanked chispa
  • 3 years ago

    @cpartist might have some local suggestions too.

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    I would start with a kitchen designer but I don't know of one locally who I'd recommend. I worked with the local Amish company but wouldn't consider them to be kitchen designers.

    As for contractors, I had an excellent one when I redid my condo. He and his crew did a fabulous job and when I last spoke to him, he still had the same crew.

    I just sent you a message with his info.

    jane__ny thanked cpartist
  • 3 years ago

    There are “Interior Architects” that may be able to help you. We used one here in CA and she was very good at reimagining spaces, seeing possibilities we could not. She came up p with the overall plan (moving walls, lowering ceilings) and also did out kitchen and master bathroom design. Here’s a definition for an interior architect: Generally referred to as the spatial art of environmental design, interior architecture also refers to the process by which the interiors of buildings are designed to address all aspects of the human use of their structural spaces. Put simply, interior architecture is the design of an interior in architectural terms.

    jane__ny thanked Shasta
  • 3 years ago

    We talked to contractors first just to verify what could be done and expected costs. no one was available for many months so we had time to figure out design. we did not use KD but would have benefited from it!