Software
Houzz Logo Print
janellos

Help with awkward sink placement

3 years ago

The vanity is the last piece of my bathroom renovation. I'm planning to make it a bit taller by adding a drawer, also putting on new new drawer fronts and drawers, a new quartz counter with undermount sinks, and tile backsplash with the same tile from my shower niche.


Here's my problem: As you can see in the before pic, the sinks weren't centered over the lower cabinets, and the mirrors weren't centered behind the sinks. I can't honestly say I noticed or was bothered by this, but I kind of hated the whole bathroom and tried not to look at it so that could be why.

I was planning to center the new sinks over the cabinets, but when I lay them out, that is only 12.5 inches from wall to sink center and it feels kind of close to the wall. Like you'd bump your elbows while washing your hands. Also, most mirrors are too wide to center behind the sinks so they will then be off center of the sink. The mirrors I bought (they can go back) are 28" wide. If I move the sinks towards the center, I have nice balance between the counter and back wall, but below the center of the cabinet doors will be way off the sink. Should I get full-size doors for the cabinets instead of 2 per cabinet to make it less obvious? The vanity is 68" long. Will they look too big at 22 X 24"? Does it matter? What to do?

Before (spliced pic because I couldn't get back far enough to get the whole thing)




One door? 2 Doors? (the drawer fronts aren't on yet.)

Comments (6)