House color - HELP

angel
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

Need advice!

Having a hard time deciding on house color-

one option - just paint front and trim- leave brick color

2nd - paint entire house

i like white with dark trim but cant find what will look best! if this was your house- what would you do? Thanks ao much in advance

Comments (8)

• cat_ky
    10 months ago

The existing brown goes well with the roof and the brick. The black, and the gray are totally wrong for this house. Pick a light color from the brick, a light tan, or cream, etc. Repaint the gable where you are now painting gray. Repaint the shutters to brown. Leave the beautiful brick, and use colors that actually go with the roof and the rest of the dark brown.

• housegal200
    10 months ago

I'm with cat_ky and Patricia in not painting the brick, which adds texture and interest to your house. The houses below are beautifully done

Just a Fabulous Place to call Home · More Info

The Clarkson Plan #1117 · More Info

• angel
    Original Author
    10 months ago

I appreciate the feedback so much!
    No painting the brick it is.

When looking at the gable you’ll see 3 colors- left is original middle is white dove( i hate it)
    Right is a tan cream color- but seems yellowish.

Any specific paint colors u suggest?

Btw- had no idea about the railings! Now i need to work in what to put there!

• housegal200
    10 months ago

I would paint all the siding sections dark brown of your garage, or taupe as shown below, remove the shutters, and paint the front door pale turquoise. Then hire a landscape designer to extend your garden beds and change up the landscaping, skim coat drivewayin a harmonious color with the house.

Mid-Century Modern in White Rock · More Info

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    10 months ago

Another vote for not painting brick. I don’t think painting brick immediately devalues your home, but painting doesn’t improve every brick home. You have a lovely home and I love your bricks. Apologies, but I’m no help choosing colors, but adding some color will give your already nice home a little lift.

• PRO
    Yonder Way Designs
    10 months ago

I have yet to come across an instance where SW Griffin did not look great with stone. I would suggest that for the peak, then a darker color for soffit, fascia & trim to tie in with your garage door and porch columns, like Black Bean. Eventually, if possible, consider replacing the shutters with wider ones (so they fit the windows correctly). Those could also be painted the Black Bean. I, too, would like to see a pop of color on the front door. A terra cotta-type color is one of my faves: Rookwood Terra Cotta, Red Cent, or Reynard are possibilities. Good luck!

• cat_ky
    10 months ago

I noticed the porch railings, but, thought, that maybe you had removed as part of your remodel, and were replacing them. It is a very dangerous situation, so hopefully, you will get them done quickly.