Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcmahonvincent

Speakers in Steam Shower

mcmahonvincent
3 months ago

Hi, we are doing a steam shower finally in our master suite. Its 5*5*8. I have seen good information in these discussions about lights, but not much about speakers. I know the brands like Mr. Steam an Thermosol have 6-800 Dollar speakers, tied into control systems, not interested in those.

Does any know of a cost-effective vaporproof speaker solution that I can mount in the ceiling? One with a control panel would be ideal, but just something as simple as a Bluetooth speaker that we can connect our cell phones to, and listen to podcasts, music, etc. would also work.

appreciate any insight..Thank you all. Vincent

Comments (12)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 months ago

mcmahonvincent thanked JAN MOYER
  • mcmahonvincent
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Hi Jan, Have you used this speaker? I Guess for a vapor proof speaker, I need quality and will pay this much. I still need some type of control system and the Thermosol one is expensive ($1200) . Trying to figure out something that is more reasonably priced. thanks

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 months ago

I have not used the speaker. Life is usually pick a poison. Price , quality delivery, pick two.

mcmahonvincent thanked JAN MOYER
  • mcmahonvincent
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Hi La_La Girl. Agreed, but for this application, this would be a last-resort option. We are designing the room to be very clean/sleek, with white tile, and brushed nickel controls. Would prefer to have an inset speaker. Thanks for the feedback.

• Maureen
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I’d continue looking into, in order to compare specs and prices. I also find reviews/ratings/comments are helpful.

mcmahonvincent thanked Maureen
  • PRO
    mcmahonvincent thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • AC M
    3 months ago

I very much regret the expensive sound system and ceiling installed speakers we used in our house. They don’t last forever, and then are a pain to replace as sizes change, necessitating a lot of remedial work! Frankly, I find that they are also just unattractive in the ceiling. Audio improvements have seemed to evolve at a fairly quick pace and ours now look huge relative to the sound quality. Nobody in the family bothers to use them any more, we just use our portable Bose speakers.

• la_la Girl
    3 months ago

for sure - I get the desire to have sleek built-ins

(I am likely biased bc we put in a high end whole house sound system years ago - we recently started having issues and can't get it serviced for a variety of (boring) reasons - we're leaving it out of our lake build and will just use portables)

mcmahonvincent thanked la_la Girl
  • mcmahonvincent
    Original Author
    3 months ago

@Kate Cowers, did my name seriously offend you?? What's next? Will my wife divorce me and my 2 teenage daughters and son disown me and my legal name?

Listen, I am not even sure of the extent of what he did (Nor do I care). I know it involves sexual misconduct, and that's certainly terrible. Should every Vincent McMahon change his name as a result?... My name is my name and I am not going to apologize for that or change my correct legal name.

I am just laughing at the rest of your comment...seriously...does it bother you that much as to why I want a speaker in my steam shower? I came onto a forum that I understood to be a place for people to ask questions, and others to share beneficial advice and ideas. An old piece of advice I got many decades ago comes to mind here...if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

I really hope your day improves... it doesn't sound like you got off to a great start..... :-)

• mcmahonvincent
    Original Author
    3 months ago

@ AC M, I am not too far from your thoughts either in terms of them not lasting forever. I had the opportunity to do a fully sound system in the house(I pre-wired) but could never justify that level of expense for tech that's changing consistently. My steam shower, on the other hand, I am looking forward to relaxing and listening to podcasts for 30 mins.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 months ago

Hard to change what is your own name. So ignore that. We have Alexs all over the house my hubby ids blingd and they have been a god send for him. I am not familiar with a system to withstand a steam room but I am sure they are out there. I fo prefab stamrooms for my clients I find they are just all around better that one constructed inside a spac e. Steam and water find a way to easily for me.

mcmahonvincent thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
Sponsored