webuser_668265752

please help wich backsplash should I choose

Lola BO
2 months ago

Backsplash ???

Comments (44)

• Lyn Nielson
    2 months ago

all nice tiles, but your style will decide.

what else are you putting in the space, window coverings? light fixtures? seating?

they will all create a style... Your Style

Lola BO thanked Lyn Nielson
  • Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Lyn Nelson thank you I just wanted to make sure that one I pick is not going to make my cabinets look dingy and they would go well with countertops &floor.

• Carol Schoneke-Fernandez
    2 months ago

Love the second picture. Definitely gives off a brighter look in my opinion

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 months ago

Waht are your floors ? Backsplash is chosen to work with everything in a space .None of the ones you show seem to be the right white with the counters so I would do gray from the veining but seeing the fllor is a must .

Lola BO thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • chispa
    2 months ago

You need to take tile out of the plastic wrap if you are really going to be able to make the right decision!

• coray
    2 months ago

Lots of people, lots of opinions. I disagree with some of the above opinions: I don’t think the mini pickets look too cool (obviously every screen may show slightly different hues), and I’d stay away from the “flower mosaic” tiles….too busy and not the right vibe for the counters, IMO. Ultimately you’re the only person to see them w/o the distortion of a computer screen, and your taste is the one that counts.

Lola BO thanked coray
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

can we see the entire kitchen space?

I see you have cloe tile as one of your choices.

Another poster just finished hers w/Cambria quartz. This is how it looks.

similar, this is the Portmore

Your first two are fine,

your first one will look similar to this, except yours are smaller

Your flower marble mosaic will resemble this:

the last one, plain white, NO. too plain.

it's pretty (but this is a diff top than yours) but so overdone. the herringbone takes it up a notch, but it's still very white and sterile.

show us the entire kitchen, including floors/cabs and we can recommend some others

I really like this diff surface finished carrara marble in the chevron. here are 3examples

It's from backsplash.com

try and bring in some natural wood somewhere to warm up all of the white. don't know what your floors are, hopefully natural wood!

https://backsplash.com/product/ba631613-white-modern-marble-chevron-mosaic-backsplash-tile

Why not order one sheet of it and see how you like it?

It gives you the design you like, but it's very subtle.

Or, what about something w/a bit of color? picket style?

smaller picket in a matte, darker color

Dolomite ,,,clipped diamond mosaic could work.

zellige, Casablanca, 2x6

(get the Chevron!

https://backsplash.com/product/ba631613-white-modern-marble-chevron-mosaic-backsplash-tile

Lola BO thanked Beth H. :
  • sprtphntc7a
    2 months ago

i would go with a color to add some interest.

tile shape, more on the simple side, i would not do anything like your 2nd pic., it is very 'bossy'.

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Here thank you all

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago

did you see all the other pics I edited to my first comment? try rereading and see if you missed anything.

Great floors. Red oak. Is there a finished top coat on there?

I gave you a bunch of diff looks/options and some photoshops:

Since you have the warm floors, I'd do the chevron mosaic in the marble.

maybe a similar runner like this because it's so pretty w/the white and wood.

and soft gold hardware

don't know what the plans are for colors, or window treatment, but here is the backsplash w/some other options:

diff window treatment, textured runner, hardware options. same backsplash though!

another option:

maybe try some black trim around the window, black hardware, runner

nice greige colors that would go w/your floor, the black/gold hardware, and everything else

another black hardware option w/your PLAIN white subway tile! I think there is better, but if you like the all the white, at least do an interesting tile pattern. as for the vent hood, this one w/wood trim break up all that white

So does this one. similar floors like you have, oak trim and some oak shelves. these are the Cloe tile splash in a stacked layout pattern, black pulls.

How about a darker hood vent?

How it looks in your space:

these are elongated picket tiles on the backsplash

some darker pendants? could be nice

here's how that mosaic backsplash looks w/nickel or chrome: I like this vent hood

Pendant w/the chrome accent:

with either the nickel or the gold, you could do this marble subway tile (this looks like Calacatta marble) and try a similar blind on the window.

if you want the all white/gold,

try similar pendants to these over the island or sink

some contrast would be nice.

I see you are testing colors on the wall.

if you like the warmer, natural tones

maybe something more 'gray' with some cooler tones?

this one has a lot of white, but the diff color tile splash is nice.

Try Newport tiles from IvyHill(wayfair or homedepot)

Or, I love Tilebars Nabi Jewel backsplash. shown here in arctic blue (comes in white too)

what's good about that backsplash choice, it goes either way

• chispa
    2 months ago

One person's bossy/busy, is another person's too boring or just right! Just be aware that these forums, in general, are afraid of pattern, so take that into consideration if you are a person that likes pattern and mixing patterns.

I used this mosaic in my kitchen and it works. I kept trying "plain" tiles and it was just too "vanilla", in a large mostly white kitchen. The brown marble ties in with the veins in the Taj mahal quartzite and with the brown stain of my wood floors and beams. The white marble ties in with my white cabinets.

Lola BO thanked chispa
  • Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

I appreciate all
    Of you ideas so
    Much!!

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Beth H thank you
    So much!

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

With soft gray grout

• RedRyder
    2 months ago

The challenge with white countertop/white backsplash decisions is that it’s hard to make sure (before tiling and grouting) that they work together.

Noting the veins in the countertop, have you thought of trying a blueish-gray tile? Here are some that looked good next to your countertop photos. They’re on Tilebar.com

Lola BO thanked RedRyder
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago

is that a porcelain marble look?

off the bat I'd say no, just because it has a fake look to it. and the tones are a little off.

this is a another version made of carrara marble. this countertop is not as busy as yours.

another one

I gave you my suggestion. order a sheet of the chevron REAL marble chevron. it's a honed, polised and brushed finish. since it's real stone, the colors will look better.

Humor me. order a sample of this

All white thassos marble chevron or herringbone

or maybe you like this style? they also carry it on their site

Have you seen these? HomeDepot-IvyHill has them under Delphi Harlequin. I have a sample of this. (get the natural White color) These are very pretty and would give you a slight pattern w/o being too much. I'd get a sample of this one too.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ivy-Hill-Tile-Delphi-Harlequin-Natural-White-3-in-x-0-63-in-Polished-Ceramic-Mosaic-Tile-Sample-EXT3RD102387/315240041

I like the jewel too, but look for it in the natural white. this is glacier white

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ivy-Hill-Tile-Delphi-Jewel-Glacier-White-3-in-x-0-55-in-Polished-Ceramic-Mosaic-Tile-Sample-EXT3RD102430/314909790

or what about this. Nova Dolomite brass marble mosaic. Floor and decor

https://www.flooranddecor.com/marble-stone/nova-dolomite-brass-polished-marble-mosaic-100654433.html

or this one? again, real marble or dolomite

maybe something in a color?

blue or blue gray?

https://www.tilebar.com/bellami-azul-zucchero-5x10-glazed-ceramic-tile.html

here's the cloe tile again

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago

I found it, this is it?

https://www.flooranddecor.com/marble-decoratives/dolomite-chevron-marble-honed-mosaic-100978048.html

I don't know. maybe it's the colors, the veining, but w/your countertop, It's a meh from me.

I posted some other suggestions. did you like any of them?

what about this one? or that marble chevron?

do anything except this

Lola BO thanked Beth H. :
  • gdionelli
    2 months ago

I know how overwhelming it is! I would just encourage you to make sure it's not TOO neutral - you need some interest either in terms of design or color. I like RedRyder's idea of bluish gray.

• gtdj519
    2 months ago

Habe you checked out somoma tilemakers? they have a great line of ceramic tiles that comein a lot of nice shapes and beautiufll color pallettes. called their stellar line.

they have quite a few very soft gray shades. you could do one of those shades in a pretty shape.

a few examples

• enajasereht
    2 months ago

Love the last Cloe tile Beth posted.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago

lola. no rush for backsplash. take your time

I found this 3x9 calcatta subway tile.

It will look like this 4x12 version on the wall, but a bit smaller/thinner.

https://tilezz.com/collections/calacatta-gold/products/calacatta-gold-3x9-subway-tile-polished-or-honed-price-is-per-sqf

the 4x12 is less expensive than the 3x9. (I have the 4x12 in my own kitchen only because I couldn't find the smaller size)

they have it in the chevron too. Looks a bit diff than the floor and decor one you have

or, glass tile?

https://tilezz.com/collections/glass-1/products/york-irish-cream-4x12-glass-tile

• dani_m08
    2 months ago

Beth has provided many beautiful ideas - I have used Cloe White (shower/tub surround) and am using Cloe Baby Blue (it’s more of an aqua - mix of blue/green shades) for the wall behind a vanity in another bathroom - and they are both beautiful tiles. There are many threads on Houzz re: Cloe White that include photos with various countertops.

Someone on here used a diamond shaped mosaic tile that was similar to the one posted by Beth above - although it was from F&D - and very reasonable for a Carrara marble/frosted glass/painted glass mosaic tile. I can’t find her kitchen - if I find it later, I’ll let you know. It looked really nice. I was thinking about using it for one of my fireplaces - but haven’t decided until I get my kitchen reno done.

I actually really like the chevron that Beth has posted several times!

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    2 months ago

backsplash.com is charging delivery for one sheet $15 , if you see chevron that would work on th tile shop or floor and decor were I can pick it up let me know thanks so much

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 months ago

Call them and see if you can get a sample or a discount on delivery. tell them if you like you'll order, but 15 bucks for one sheet seems a bit steep. I don't know of any other place that sells that. see if they'll do a free sample. tell them you're designing a kitchen and will advertise on Houzz. (hey, worth a shot. all they can say is no)

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Beth h this is shevron you recommend from backsplash.com what you think?everone pls share your thoughts thank you

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

??

• ffpalms
    last month

I love the way this last one unifies all the whites, ivories and grays in the kitchen.

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Ffpalms thank you

• chispa
    last month

Can you take it off the cardboard and hold it up on the wall with some blue tape or packing tape?

• RedRyder
    last month

On my monitor, some of it reads beige. I would look for another source since this chevron is quite popular. Here are other sources I found.

• RedRyder
    last month

Wayfair.com has a few chevron and marble tile options,

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    last month
    last modified: last month

I like it. perfect coloring w/the cabs and the counter

Red, that first option you posted is the same tile

The beige in the marble is probably just that specific slab of marble it was cut from.

you can see the beige on this one too.

With White grout (which I'd recommended)

and gray grout

Lola, you may want to specify you want the polished part to be more white. (this is all carrara marble. it's polished, brushed and honed

Make SURE the tile guy use a WHITE thinset meant for marble. ok? no gray

and the grout should be unsanded, also a nice white

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Shevran is beautiful but didn’t work out I was afraid if beige.what y guys think of this

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Beth H please confirm that chevron is still better then Chloe white tiles Thank you
    So much to you an all

• dani_m08
    last month

Lola - the Equipe tiles you posted are the same as the Cloe ones. Equipe Ceramicas manufactures them for other retailers.

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

You right and I am not fan of mixing different white not I really don’t know what to do🙃

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    last month

If you can find the chevron w/whiter marble pieces, I like that one with white grout like pictured here.

the beige looking ones in the sample really throw off the look. check w/manufaturer and bring this up. maybe they can handpick the whiter ones.

The cloe tile is also nice.

• RedRyder
    last month

I did a search for “white chevron marble backsplash” tiles. There is a huge variation in the colors.

Here are three I found that look more consistent. I would get samples of these to see how they look and a box of the one you like best to double check.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last month

My advice is to choose a simple backsplash that will not compete with other elements in the kitchen. My usual advice about color is if you have a patterned countertop with a range of colors pick a midtone color from the countertop for the backsplash color.

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you will you help me see wich color is midtone of my countertop

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month

I hope you
    Can see here

• Lola BO
    Original Author
    last month