Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_410946560

Bathroom Paint Color Dilemma

2 years ago

We are remodeling our small bathroom. The vanity has light woid and a white countertop with grey marbling (a combo of warm and cool). Shower wall tiles are similar in color to the wood on the vanity. Stones of grey, light green, beige, tan dorbtgecshower basin. Medium grey tile on floor to coordinate touches if grey in shower tile and marbling. a consultant suggested Benjamin Moore’s Chantilly Lace so the white on the counter matches the walls. it looks flat and srark. I've tried a few greys, which take on blue tones. i would


love suggestions.


Comments (15)

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    If you like a hint of color, I would suggest a very very light blue. Get the samples pack for all the ‘whites’. Select a blue white that looks good with your tile

    Holly thanked GreenThumb Gardens
  • 2 years ago

    The stones have hints of green in them. Get some paint samples and place them by the different surfaces to see how the colors look.

    Holly thanked rollh01
  • 2 years ago

    Bathrooms usually have little natural light, if that's the case with yours then the artificial lighting will (depending on the type of bulbs) cause your room to lean warmer or cooler. I would recommend warmer. I personally would take the color that is in the wood look tile (at the lower row of spacers on the lower tile) and the color of the wood vanity and the color of the pebble in the lower right corner of your photo as a direction to lean. Are you using a shower curtain? Why don't you find a shower curtain with that warmer color in it (that could also have cream and the grey-green) and take inspiration from the shower curtain for a color for the walls.

    Are you willing to consider color - real color? Or are you wanting a nearly white?


    A number of the colors shown in this link would be good possibilities for you: https://jennakateathome.com/paint-colors-that-go-with-light-wood-floors/

  • 2 years ago

    We are putting in a clear glass sliding shower door with a minimal black frame. The window in the shower faces north so some natural light. As for paint colors, we started with very pale, warn greens, switched to pale greys (they all came out looking on the blue side). its a 35 square foot bathroom so we don't want to go dark.

  • 2 years ago

    The rocks are popular right now. I'm sick of looking at them in the stores, although I used to like them. But that is me, and you are you. I'm just cautioning you to make sure that you like them and their appearance when they are grouted. So please look at pictures/samples of them grouted.

  • 2 years ago

    Yep that north light is going to be cool. You might consider getting large samples (as in Samplize) of BM Soft Chamois, BM Berber White, BM Beautiful in my Eyes and see what direction that takes you.

    Holly thanked Jenny
  • 2 years ago

    Jenny, the link you sent me was very helpful. i like Samplize. What a great concept!

  • 2 years ago

    Jenny, also, with all of this in mind, would youbuse warm or daylight (cool) lightbulbs?

  • 2 years ago

    It’s interesting, Preston. I originally wanted a green tile floor. I ordered it and got nervous that it didnt flow well into the shower area. I took a loss on the tile and ordered the one shown on the post. I really like green so I‘m going to consider this for a wall color. Thank you.


  • 2 years ago

    I would definitely use warm bulbs. Daylight will feel cold. If you are given the choice of Kelvins, go to 2700, no more than 3000. If you want to geek out on light bulbs and light, spend some time here: https://languageoflight.blog/2019/01/16/2019-5-step-lightbulb-buying-guide/#more-461

  • 2 years ago

    Would you mind telling us what your countertop is?

  • 2 years ago

    The background is whiter than this. We have lots of snow outside so it is hard to get a decent photo.




  • 2 years ago

    Get some Samplize in various greens after bringing home the free strips from the paint store. Green is still an option but on the walls.

    Sorry about your $ loss on the tiles. Did you post them on Craigslist? Or FB Marketplace? Someone would love them, I’m sure.

    Holly thanked RedRyder
  • 2 years ago

    I posted them so hopefully they’ll sell.