Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

This is a new one for RE listing

palimpsest
last month

There were three food photos, and one beer and liquor photo in the listing.

Comments (23)

• Allison0704
    last month

Plus three Emmys.

• bpath
    last month

I wonder if there is an Emmy for craft services, or for food staging? Or maybe it was just to harken back to the days of ”if you feed them, they will come, and then bring their clients” era of real estate?

• dedtired
    last month

Maybe they didnt know the photographer was coming that day?

• Jilly
    last month
    last modified: last month

I’m disappointed to not see brussels sprouts in cranberry rice at this shindig.

• Olychick
    last month

I might not be taken aback by a pic showing the party potential in a home, but that food and tablecloth and presentation is appallingly unappetizing to me.

• Kswl
    last month

To me also, Olychick, gross!

• gardener123
    last month

Yikes.

• jill302
    last month

So odd, what are they thinking

• OutsidePlaying
    last month

Very odd. And i too agree wirh Olychick.

• maddielee
    last month

They left the Emmys but remembered to blank out the faces in the frames on the table/sideboard?

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    last month

I blanked out the faces.

• czarinalex
    last month

I am so grossed out by the unappetizing food. I did not notice the Emmys until I read the replies.

• eld6161
    last month

I enlarged the food and see nothing gross in particular. Looks like meatballs, a caprese salad, some cheese and salami.

Not the best presentation. Not the best choice if ranked linen.

• Jilly
    last month

I wonder what this is?

• Kswl
    last month

Pasta garnished with lemon slices?

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    last month

I don't see anything the matter with the food, but it's all kind of camouflaged by the pattern on pattern.

• Feathers11
    last month

Does this listing include "perfect for entertaining," and thus they decided to demonstrate?

• maddielee
    last month

“I blanked out the faces”

The plot thickens. Philadelphia 3 time Emmy winner….

The food display looks much like I see at neighborhood pot luck dinners.

@Jilly, looks like lemon pasta with shrimp, but someone forgot the shrimp.

• pricklypearcactus
    last month

This looks like a for-sale-by-owner listing where they took random photos from their collection instead of taking the photos for the listing. Very weird. Also I would be very displeased if I discovered my friend posted a party photo of me in the background in their real estate listing.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last month

Okay, the coordination of the tablecloth and dishes is lacking, but I don't think the food looks as awful as the photograph seems to imply.

It's probably very tasty and each dish looks okay. It's just that the serving dishes are terrible and there's a lot of brown but meat is brown and I'm okay with that.

• Kswl
    last month

Where a patterned tablecloth such as the one pictured is used, solid color serving dishes are advisable, preferably plain white. The combination of the fabric and dishes and food colors is not appetizing and actually distasteful, imo. I wouldn’t be tempted by any food on that table. It probsbly looks worse in the photo where there is no natural light and the table seems to have a spotlight trained on it. (I hope those Emmy’s aren’t for lighting design 🙄)

• nini804
    last month

And the TV on???🤣 (Guess they probably take TV viewing seriously, what with all that hardware on the shelf.)

• bbstx
    last month

The things I learn hanging out here. There are multiple categories of Emmys. Not all are for prime time offerings. There are a number for ”behind the scenes.” Here is a list of Pennsylvanians who have won Emmys https://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/2017/09/pennsylvanians_with_emmys.html

That much green on a TV screen makes me think it is a football game. Perhaps the photo was taken in the middle of the Eagles post season game and we are seeing the party food.