Software
Houzz Logo Print
kristinmbarton

Dinning Chairs?

2 years ago

Hello - I just purchased the following dining room table + chairs for my formal dinning room. Let me start of by saying I wanted this room to feel elevated and different from the table in my kitchen+living room area. I was hoping that the lighter table would keep things airy and bright (we get tons of natural light in this room) and the substantial chairs would ground the table and offer some modern elegance.

I like the combo + mix of materials, but the chairs feel really tall. They also just arrived yesterday, and it always takes time for my eyes to adjust. Keep in mind, I wanted this room to feel fancy. What do y’all think?

I am also planning to do window treatments on the windows/French doors. These will be large rust colored panels with a Schumacher trim (see attached mood board). They might also make the chairs feel less tall.

I’m also thinking about adding two sconces or two cabinets with a lamp. Plus a rug…. In time!!!!

Comments (18)