Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather_gray41

Kountry Kraft or Omega Kitchen Cabinets?

Heather Gray
last month

I am finalizing my new kitchen, I have been to 5 kitchen places and with the quotes, I can go with Kountry Kraft or Omega. Please help, I know Kountry Kraft are all wood with 3/4” plywood boxes, not sure about Omega. Kountry Kraft came in a bit higher for quote, but I want to get the best product I can. Any help is appreciated!!

Comments (15)

• Cookie Montgomery
    last month

I'm surprised the quotes are that close. I priced both of those out a few months ago and KK was double the price of Omega. But I did feel like the Omega dealer was giving me a good deal and that the KK dealer tossed out a high quote as I just wanted cabinets and not his install services. I would pick KK over Omega. I have a few friends with KK kitchens and the cabinets are really lovely.

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you! You have been so helpful to me, the quote was about $4,000 difference. So many choices make it so hard! I am leaning toward Kountry Kraft.

• Cookie Montgomery
    last month

What door style are you looking at in KK ?

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you!!

• Buehl
    last month

Make sure you're comparing apples-to-apples. For example:

Construction:

• Dovetail drawer boxes or other?
    • Thickness of walls - sides, backs, fronts, drawer boxes

Hardware:

• Full-extension drawers
    • Soft-close drawers
    • Soft-close cabinets
    • Quality drawer glides (e.g., Blum)

Extras available:

• Toe-kick drawers
    • Trash & Recycle pullouts

It's strongly recommended that the majority of your base cabinets be drawer bases, so drawer construction & cost are very important.

• Cookie Montgomery
    last month

KK is in the tier with Plato and Plain and Fancy. I ended up with P&F but the KK cabinets I saw were of the same quality as P&F.

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you! Yes it 3/4” plywood boxes, Blum hinges, soft close, draws and trash, utensils draws, spice pull out etc. I am doing a walnut Island and beverage center with white surround. I am super excited, I really appreciate these threads, I have learned so much!! Thanks!!

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    last month

I am looking at the Hancock style door, not sure though, I may change that.

• PRO
    Zumi
    last month

Omega is in that same tier of high quality custom. KK I would rule out just because of the awful name. Much less their lead time and customer service.

• Cookie Montgomery
    last month

I looked at Omega and they did not have rift cut white oak. It was 2023. All of the higher end brands had rift cut white oak.

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    last month

I received a quote for Omega with rift cut white oak and one for walnut for the island and beverage center. He said I could do either with the promotion they have now. I received the KK quote with walnut, which is what I am leaning toward after seeing it in the showroom. Thank you!

• Sil Bloom
    16 days ago

I have appreciated this thread as I’m also trying to pick a cabinet brand for my new build. What is the price per square foot for Kountry Kraft vs Omega? The cabinet store also showed me a new brand, built in Colorado, called Primary Kitchen. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

• Heather Gray
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Hi Sil,

So I decided to go with Kountry Kraft, the cabinet seemed to be a better quality than Omegs at least in regards to the ones I saw. So the price depends on your choice of wood. I have a 13’x 13’ kitchen with a 7’x4’ island. I am doing painted maple all around the walls and the island in Walnut and a separate beverage center in walnut. I should also note that Kountry Kraft is full custom. I am doing a paneled refrigerator also and it is costing $49k. If you do semi custom it would be less or stock. Legacy and Fabuwood are great brands also. I don’t know of Primary Kitchen. I know a great kitchen cabinet company in central/north New Jersey if you are close to that area. Good luck!!

• Sil
    15 days ago

Thank you for this feedback! We’re building in Colorado. i will have to check Kountry Kraft.