Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
getgoing100_7b_nj

Too good to be true?

Found this website with pretty good rates. They seem to b a UK company that is now also selling in the US. anyone has any experience with them? https://www.rootspldeals.com/

Comments (12)

• sah67 (zone 5b - NY)
    28 days ago

Their "About Us" and "FAQs" pages look like they were AI-generated and the questions (and answers) have nothing to do with plants. I wouldn't touch that site with a 10 foot pole.

• floraluk2
    28 days ago
    last modified: 28 days ago

I agree 100%. Total garbage. Although I'm not sure why you think it's UK based. All prices appear in dollars and the returns address is in the US. Googling around a bit reveals that it's actually a Chinese company.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    28 days ago

back in the day .. i would blow 20 bucks on any supplier.. just to see.. for myself.. what they would send ...

i would get a whole box of plants ..

today.. 20 bucks will get you what.. one plant.. lol .. i dont know if my plan would work today ...

i once spent 40 dollars and got 30 rooted mum cuttings .. and shipping was probably 10 bucks.. they were like a buck or 2 apiece ... and buy fall.. it was quite a show.. and most of them did not winter over in my MI ... but who cared for a buck ...

back in the 90s... shipping was outrageous.. half to 2/3 of the cost of your order .. any one else remember the good old days... [wish i could figure out how to lock caps on this infernal chromebook] ...

ken

getgoing100_7b_nj thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • getgoing100_7b_nj
    Original Author
    28 days ago

Floral, here is the UK website with the same logo. https://www.rootsplants.co.uk/

• getgoing100_7b_nj
    Original Author
    28 days ago

LinkedIn for the UK company says "Roots Plants is an online garden centre started by Alex and Ian, two long-time plant buyers. We want to create a connection between the great growers of this country and it's garden loving citizens, bringing the earthy experience of a plant nursery to our customer’s online experience."

Also see https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.rootsplants.co.uk

• getgoing100_7b_nj
    Original Author
    28 days ago

Ken, you have a point. I will see what happens with a small order and pay with PayPal. I have always gotten money back if I paid via PayPal and something goes wrong, such as the wrong plant is delivered. I will update.

• floraluk2
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

That link goes to a much more believable website. The info reads authentically and the prices are realistic. The first link given by the OP is clearly written by AI. I suspect a scam or a highjack of the site. There's definitely something fishy going on. I might use the UK site, but if I were in the US I wouldn't touch the first site with a bargepole. As far as I can see the genuine UK business doesn't sell in the US.

getgoing100_7b_nj thanked floraluk2
  • LaLennoxa 6a/b Hamilton ON
    27 days ago

Seems fishy. The address listed on their “contact us” page doesn’t go to a legit address (that I could find on a quick search). Their “about us” page is very vague without any details. Pretty pictures with lots of discounted prices make me suspicious. Avoid.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    26 days ago

I would NEVER order plants from a Chinese company. Or seeds. At best you'll get the plant you paid for but at worst you'll get something that not only isn't what you ordered but is invasive. Like on purpose invasive.

I'm not talking about reputable US or UK seed sellers who sell seed that is sourced from China (some stuff if...), I'm talking about Chinese retailers.

• LaLennoxa 6a/b Hamilton ON
    19 days ago

Sounds like you made a wise decision. I’m sure there are other worthy retailers out there. Ironically, the same company started to show up on my feed and I can see how folks might be tempted if they don’t check them out thoroughly.

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    18 days ago

Getgoing, I would not touch that site either….when I clicked on your link, my Norton security immediately labeled it as an unsecured site!

debra