Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Design projects finished! Before & After

nini804
25 days ago

I originally was just planning to use this designer to finish the master with curtains, and help with wallpaper selection in powder room. Then I realized I was too embarrassed for her to see our small study which is near the powder room and had never been properly decorated. I actually really disliked that room so much that I never used it. So….added a complete re-do of that to the project.🤣

Here are the before pics of the three spaces: (I will post the after pics in the following post.)

Study: I told her the only thing that we had to keep was grandfather clock (dh’s family, not my style but what can you do?)

Powder room: Really bummed I can’t find a pic that included the light fixtures…not sure what I was thinking when we built 12 years ago…

Bedroom: First pic is old bed, second pic is new bed & bench that I bought through this designer during the pandemic

See next post for afters!!

Comments (33)

• nini804
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Ok! here are the afters!

Powder room:

Bedroom:

• nini804
    Original Author
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

The designer I used is affiliated with Phoebe Howard, and so the sofa and chairs are from Mr. and Mrs. Howard for Sherrill. The coffee table is from Made Goods, as are the bedside tables. I can’t remember the fabrics for the curtains (I can look up) but the tape trim on the bedroom curtains is Scalamandre. The rugs are by Antrim.

Super happy with it all.

edit: white curtain fabric is Pindler.

edit: all lighting is Visual Comfort

• Jilly
    25 days ago

Nini, wow, everything turned out so beautiful! I love them all, especially the powder room!

You must smile every time you walk into your rooms. :)

You have such excellent taste and clearly found the perfect person who recognized your goals.

So excited for you! Thank you for sharing.

nini804 thanked Jilly
  • Fun2BHere
    25 days ago

Quite the transformation! Congratulations on finding a designer whose aesthetic meshes with your vision.

nini804 thanked Fun2BHere
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    25 days ago

So glad you are pleased! It looks fresh and lovely. I especially like the bedroom rug!

nini804 thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • Kswl
    25 days ago

I love every inch of it Nini! Every room had good bones to start with and they are all completely transformed., I cannot pick a favorite. The study curtains are perfection from the tattersall plaid fabric to the pleats… just masculine enough but still ….dreamy. Love the total powder room makeover, especially the vanity and wallpaper, and all bedroom furnishings right down to the lamps and the trim on your curtains. And the night tables… each individual element is lovely on its own but the end result is greater than the sum of its parts. It is so beautifully done, and may I add that your baseboards everywhere are just pristine? Congratulations on a job so very well done!

nini804 thanked Kswl
  • pudgeder
    25 days ago

Oh so lovely & sophisticated! Love it!

nini804 thanked pudgeder
  • porkandham
    25 days ago

Beautiful!

nini804 thanked porkandham
  • maddielee
    25 days ago

Very nice!

nini804 thanked maddielee
  • nini804
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Y’all are incredibly kind! This was the first time I have used a designer this way (gave a budget and told her what I wanted to accomplish.) My mom hired one to help me in our previous home wirh curtains, and we used one when building our current home for help with the plethora of decisions…but this was different. I had seen her work, and it was great, plus I adore the Mrs. Howard style. She gave me an overall plan, with some options.

I had not originally planned to replace the vanity-it was supposed to be wallpaper, lighting, mirror. She gave an option for that, but then she showed me this wallpaper-which would not have worked with the existing vanity. I am SO glad I gulped and went with the complete vision…it’s just perfect. You can’t see in the photo, but there are subtle gold flecks in the wallpaper. And I learned how a really large mirror can make a big difference in a powder room. Very different than the standard size framed mirror I had previously.

Another interesting thing that I would never have known to pick was the finish on the ming-style coffee table and the bedside tables…they are faux raffia. It’s really pretty, and different. The table are very well made, solid wood under the finish and the nightstand drawers are cedar lined and smell so good!

I think it was worth it to use her simply because I would never have been able to source most of these items, and then of course would not have felt confident that everything would work. She also had access to excellent subs…the gentleman who hung the curtains was a true professional. He works all over the country, and had previously worked on movie sets. It was fascinating talking to him.

• texanjana
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

Everything is gorgeous, Nini. Well done.

nini804 thanked texanjana
  • Allison0704
    25 days ago

So pretty, Nini! The rooms are all inviting and look like they provide a comforting feeling. Well done.

nini804 thanked Allison0704
  • bbstx
    25 days ago

Oh, wow! That is gorgeous. It is a style that I really really like!!

nini804 thanked bbstx
  • Arapaho-Rd
    25 days ago

It all looks beautiful !! You must be thrilled. Thank you for sharing not only the photos but the resources too.

nini804 thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • blubird
    25 days ago

It's gorgeous. I'm especially impressed with the drapery; they're .beautifully trained and hang perfectly. It makes the space even more impressive than those off the rack, usually poorly fitting and skimpy curtains which are less expensive and sadly look it. Yes, custom (with Scalamandre trim!) is pricey, but the elegant look is so worth it.

nini804 thanked blubird
  • blfenton
    25 days ago

The bedroom and the powder room are looking great. But I am completely charmed by the new study. You went from 4 walls with some furniture to an actual room that has a purpose and the drapes just complete it. Those are beautiful. You must love sitting in it now with a good book or good conversation.

nini804 thanked blfenton
  • Bunny
    25 days ago

I love it.

nini804 thanked Bunny
  • OutsidePlaying
    24 days ago

Gorgeous rooms, all of them! Everything is perfection. I especially love how she almost ’hid’ your big clock, and transformed the study windows.

nini804 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • lisaam
    24 days ago

Pretty; yes the drapes are perfect. The neutral colors are beautifully blanced. Probably not simple to do but an excellent example of how grays and neutrals needn’t feel cold.

nini804 thanked lisaam
  • teeda
    24 days ago

Oh wow, everything is gorgeous. I love, love all the drapes. Phoebe Howard is one of my favorite designers so it's no surprise I'm drooling over your rooms. Looks like a magazine spread. Enjoy!

nini804 thanked teeda
  • Tina Marie
    24 days ago

Beautiful Nini!

nini804 thanked Tina Marie
  • barncatz
    24 days ago

Really pretty and luxe!

nini804 thanked barncatz
  • jsk
    24 days ago

Beautiful rooms! Love it all.

nini804 thanked jsk
  • rubyclaire
    24 days ago

So incredibly good - the study is beautiful and really love the bed! You must be thrilled.

nini804 thanked rubyclaire
  • Judi
    24 days ago

That 4 poster bed is gorgeous! Were you able to use it somewhere else?

nini804 thanked Judi
  • bbstx
    24 days ago

My dream is to have a house or even a room decorated by Phoebe Howard or one of her protégés. I follow her and her husband on IG.

nini804 thanked bbstx
  • nini804
    Original Author
    24 days ago

@Judi It was a queen, and we had decided that we wanted a king. It was so hulking, and our other bedrooms are upstairs with 9’ ceilings…ds and dd didn’t want it and it literally dwarfed the guest room…so my friend sold it for me on FB marketplace! I loved it for many years but it was time for a change. 😊

• mtnrdredux_gw
    23 days ago

What a pretty bed! Everything has such a peaceful feel ...enjoy!

nini804 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • gardener123
    23 days ago

Such a fresh take—you must be so happy, it all really turned out so beautifully!

nini804 thanked gardener123
  • Funkyart
    23 days ago

Love it ... and more so, love that you love it!

The study is my favorite .. and what a beautiful bed!

nini804 thanked Funkyart
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    22 days ago

So very calm, relaxing AND beautiful.

nini804 thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • Kitchenwitch111
    22 days ago

Beautiful rooms! Perfect blend of elegant and comfortable.

nini804 thanked Kitchenwitch111