Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_532364334

Exterior Paint

Dawn Sarage
15 days ago

We redid our exterior a light gray with new doors and light fixtures. We are planning on painting them potentially wrought iron by Benjamin Moore (although recently I’ve been liking Hale Navy by BM). We are also painting the brick white (I think Chantilly Lace by BM). Any thoughts on the paint colors I’ve selected? Also I was originally going to paint the garage white but I’ve been liking it dark and was thinking of painting it to match the doors. Thoughts?

Comments (11)

• houssaon
    15 days ago

Why are you painting it again? I like the gray. I would paint the middle section gray, too. Paint the front door, not the side door, the same color as the garage door or a bright color. Keep the sidelight white.

Trim the bushes back below the window sill.

• Dawn Sarage
    Original Author
    15 days ago

My apologies… I meant we are painting the brick, front/side doors and garage door. The siding is brand new.

• Dawn Sarage
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Lisedv I wanted to do light gray for the brick but I worry I won’t be able to color match it to the house.

• ptreckel
    14 days ago

Have you considered painting the brick between the house and garage white? It would brighten up the area that is shaded by the porch ceiling. If nothing else, prime the brick white before painting it the color of the house. I would do a white garage door with carriage accents. Lovely house!

• Lyn Nielson
    14 days ago

the dark garage door looks like a black hole.

Paint the garage door the same color as the siding to make the home unified.

I would not paint the brick. if the door in the brick wall is a family entrance, paint it to blend with the brick and disappear. Paint the front door a welcoming color, including the sidelights.

• ptreckel
    14 days ago

PS: You could even paint the ceiling of the overhang on your porch a light blue.

• PRO
    lisedv
    14 days ago

Forgot to mention in my above comment that I suggest the side door in the brick area be painted the same colour as the bricks.

• Dawn Sarage
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the feedback. I think I need to look into getting a visual created because it is so hard to visualize in my head!

• chloebud
    12 days ago

“Paint the garage door the same color as the siding to make the home unified.”

Agree!

• Dawn Sarage
    Original Author
    12 days ago

What would be the best way to find a paint color to match the vinyl siding?