Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_818640025

Bathroom Styling?

Megan
12 days ago
last modified: 12 days ago

Should we repaint the color of this bathroom, or can we make it work? That picture is not working with us so it will be gone but we have that whole blank wall. What can we put there to fill the space? Towel Rack? We tried two pictures but it looked off.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

This is a powder room/half bath?

Why not a wallpaper or something more interesting?

The art is too small....and nobody can advise a color, other than that is just a whole lot .......blah.

What is in the hallway? What other colors in your home? Post a few inspo's of some powder rooms you love...."

The light above your faucet style could use a change to something more updated?

We have no clue as to what might please....inspo please? Or a few pictures of other rooms in your home, Something........

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    12 days ago

Sure would be fun to jazz it up!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    12 days ago

Any of these images inspire you? It would help if you could give us more insight to your style overall, colors you love, anything to help hone in on look for this high potential room. I did this in our last home. I used BM Van Deusen Blue on wall behind pedestal sink. Looked crisp and beautiful for low cost improvement.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    12 days ago

Here are a few images to get your creativity going.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    12 days ago

Honestly???? We can guess forever so we need info or you can just google bathroom design and make yourself crazy. Yes you have a boring bathroom but what do you want it to be?

• RedRyder
    12 days ago

Wallpaper or a striking paint color will dress up any small powder room. @Flo Mangan gave you a great visual from her previous house.

You can install wainscoting and put one color below and wallpaper above to make the room more interesting. Here are some ideas.

• kandrewspa
    12 days ago

With white fixtures and black faucets, etc. there are so many possibilities. My powder room is similar. I painted it a medium blue and got a pair of colorful prints for the wall you're asking about. The one you have over the toilet now is hung too high or too small. Something taller would look better. Wallpaper is used a lot in powder rooms, but DH had to remove a lot of wallpaper in our previous house, so he wasn't up for installing more here. As you can see from the other comments, green also would work. What colors have you used in the other rooms near this room? I have blue elsewhere which is what led me to blue in the PR. But I don't have a ton of blue so it's not too much.

• RedRyder
    12 days ago

Megan - what is the floor color? Is it tile or wood or vinyl? Hard to see that.

Any color you love can be used in a powder room. One color on all four walls usually makes a small room feel cozy.