Software
Houzz Logo Print
lulubelle4242

Lovely kitchen! I need opinions on Caesarstone Frosty Carrina..anyone?

13 years ago
Lovely kitchen. We have the same hardwood..our cabinets are white dove and I cant decide on a caesarstone. Has ANYONE installed the Caesarstone FROSTY CARRINA (5141)?? I want a white countertop...but find blizzard/ organic white a little too white for me...and am leaning toward Frosty Carrina because of the veining...but does it look fake??
kitchen 4 · More Info

Comments (37)

  • 13 years ago
    I also, wonder what the Frosty Carrina looks like in a large space. The sample piece I have is very nice, and although it's not marble, the whole reason I want to use it, is because of how it wears. With that said, there's nothing like polished marble:) Still undecided:(
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, I installed Frosty Carrina and love it! I get a lot of compliments in my white kitchen. The veining is pretty subtle and for some reason always looks mostly white in photos, so it doesn't give you the true feel for it. I think it allows other features in the kitchen to "pop".
  • 13 years ago
    oooh thank you for the reply...any chance youd post a photo?
  • 13 years ago
    Hi- love your kitchen, I'm also using frosty Carina. What type of backsplash did you use? - thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    Sonoma Tile - Bossy Grey
  • 12 years ago
    beautiful- can you tell me the cabinet color please?
  • 12 years ago
    Simply White BM
  • 12 years ago
    love those pendants- are they from restoration hardware?
  • 12 years ago
    No, they are from Hudson. I love them-polished nickel.
  • 12 years ago
    I would love to see your new kitchen. Post photos! :-)
  • 12 years ago
    will do! thank you for responding! I love the frosty carrina and just deciding bt. dove white and cloud white. AND agonizing over the backsplash- was thinking to keep it light though. Did you consider a marble or off white subway tile for your backsplash?
  • 12 years ago
    I really love the Frosty Carrina and am now putting it in my bathroom as well. I tried to match marble initially, but thought that it was a little challenging since you are mixing different types of natural stone. Also, I can tell you from cooking, that things do splatter behind the range despite your best efforts. Marble will stain and etch. Tiles you can wipe clean. Off white subway would look great too. I know someone else that used a glass and that looked great. The FC is very neutral. I look forward to seeing it all...good luck.
  • 12 years ago
    How is the creamy Frosty Carrina working with your white cabinets? I was concerned about it's brown undertones looking off with sleek white cabinets. Any thoughts?
  • 12 years ago
    Still love it. We also put the FC in our bathroom. I know someone that used the London Grey too with her white cabinets. Both work really well.
  • 12 years ago
    clisa - are you going to post photos? would love to see your finished kitchen.
  • 11 years ago

    Very nice kitchen. Can you tell me the colour/material of the hardware on your island. Thanks so much!


  • 11 years ago

    Doba I love your backsplash. Could you tell me what you used? I am doing my cabinets in dove white and am deciding between London Gray and FC.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    We are in love with Frosty Carrina!


  • 11 years ago

    I love the Frosty Carrina counters and backsplash!!! My kitchen is White Dove BM OC#17. I have a dark walnut island. Do you think I can use Frosty CArrina as the backsplash aswel as the counter?

  • 10 years ago

    Doba - can you please tell me the color of your paint on the walls? You mentioned Simply White for the cabinets, but I would like to know what color you used on the walls....it looks like a nice light grey color. Thank you!!

  • 10 years ago
    The paint color is Farrow and Ball Skimming Stone.
  • 10 years ago
    It's beigy - grey
  • 10 years ago
    Caesarstone and butcher block
  • 10 years ago

    I installed Frosty Carrina and love it. I have polished nickel faucets and the cabinets are Chantilly Lace.

  • 10 years ago

    Do you have any pictures to post? I would LOVE to see some


  • 9 years ago

    Gayle Armstrong - would you be able to post photos of the white Chantilly Lace cabinets and Frosty Carrina countertop? thank you!

  • 9 years ago

    Does Frosty Carrina match well with IKEA Grimslov cabinets which are an off white? I will be listing my house for sale and trying to make my new kitchen buyer neutral friendly. I will be ordering from Ikea. IKEA instore people are also suggesting Nougat , Atlantic Salt. I have oak hardwood floor in the kitchen.

  • 9 years ago

    I love our FC countertops. Veining is nice and subtle. But take note as llkhome mentioned, FC has a slight brown/gold undertone, which is making me question cabinet hardware finish. The cool tones of silver metal seem to clash with the warmth of FC in my contemporary kitchen, so I am trying to decide between brass and oil rubbed bronze. This has thrown me for a loop because I had originally planned for stainless steel finish hardware. My base cabs are painted BM Classic Gray (a warm light grey) and island is a dark stained European white oak.

  • 8 years ago
    Our kitchen is still being remodeled but we used FC.
  • 8 years ago

    Those of you who have had Caesarstone frosy carrina for a few years now — any issues with staining from food such as tomatoe sauce, tea, soy sauce, and others? On another thread folks complain about staining issues with white quartz but no one mentioned FC.

  • 8 years ago
    We’ve had our FC countertops for a little over a year and have had no issues with staining. With a little elbow grease and Soft Scrub with bleach—as recommended by our local stone supplier—sharpie ink and turmeric stains were completely lifted.
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you for that reply. I've been going back and forth all weekend on whether to give up the white countertop--either this FC or a white granite. Have you noticed any lightening of the white in areas where you've used Soft Scrub with bleach frequently?

  • 8 years ago

    I just installed ikea off white grimslov cabinets in my kitchen and am having trouble finding aCounter to match the off whiteness of the cabinets. Has anyone paired frosty carrina sucessfully with off white grimslov cabinets?

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Lcoaster, getting back to your question on Soft Scrub a half year later. I haven't experienced any lightening. I will also use Soft Scrub on occasion as an overall cleanser for the counters. It removes dried water spots, makes the counters nice & smooth, and does not strip the counters whatsoever.

  • 8 years ago

    Just to clarify, the recommended cleanser is "Soft Scrub with Bleach". One product, not two.

  • 7 years ago
    I have Ikea grimslov off-white cupboards and myfrosty carrina sample and everything I've seen are all ivory white with grey veining. What I got from Caesarstone was light grey countertop with a bit of grey veining which kind of screwed up the look. It's not terrible but I'm disappointed to say the least. The company says because of their very nature natural stone products vary in shade.