Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scerrir

Walls

scerrir
10 years ago
Hi there!

I adore your bathroom!! I would like to do something very similar to my bathroom. Are they hard to install? Do you just attach them to the drywall, or to the studs? Do you need to install a moisture barrier if putting in a bathroom?

Also, will the boards work vertically the same way?

Thank you so much - I am new to this so I would greatly appreciate your help :)

Rhea
Bastrop County Plantation House · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    VOH Architects
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Hi, Rhea. Thank you for the compliment! You are asking the right questions and I encourage you to talk with your contractor. Every situation is unique. In this particular case, this is wood without a moisture barrier but this bathroom has a free-standing tub with a wrap around shower curtain, high quality ventilation and is minimally used by guests. We would have selected a different system if it received regular use, and/or there was a tub surround. It's important to create the perfect assembly unique to your condition. If it's not correct there will be problems, like condensation happening within the wall system in an unfortunate way. Good luck with your project!

Vertical might work, but how to attach them? Maybe a circa 1970's wood paneling look, easy to install and probably much cheaper than these. Painted wood paneling finish is one of my personal favorites.
  • Tom Sbani
    9 years ago

There is paneling intended for exterior applications (sheds, etc.) called SmartSide Wood Siding Panels. You can get them at Lowes for about$32 per 4x8 sheet. They are pre-primed and are meant to be in harsher environments than a bathroom. They will probably work well and the wood appears to be going vertical.http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=55897-132-27874&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3058153&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1&saveItemCallback=saveProductToDefaultFolder&saveItemIndex=0#BVRRWidgetID