Software
Houzz Logo Print
rusticglamour

help me decorate my entryway.

2 months ago

I sat entryway because it is too small to even be considered a foyer. This is a big city row home You can see the door and the front stairs. Behind the door is a front porch. I am removing these two pieces and looking for something else

Comments (72)

  • 2 months ago

    Was thinking about a large mirror on the wall. The space is small. No leaning mirror. A vent is on the floor. Would hang this on the wall and call it a day for the entry. The door is right there and so are the stairs to go up to the upper floor It is as soon as u walk into the house. I have a tall Open shelving unit outside on the porch from rh but u do not see it when the door is closed. So worried about Tiny things I seem to accumulate and now a purging except for my ostrich egg lamp. No idea where to put that. I like the floor lamp a lot. Wonder if it still looks empty over the chair.

  • 2 months ago

    Totally agree that mirrors are great for small houses and can bounce light around but also think that too many create a flat generic feel - if you already have several mirrors in the space, what about spending the $600 on a great piece of vertical art? or perhaps get this mirror and then replace the other ones with art?


    totally just a me thing but i wouldn’t love the reflection if i spent a lot of time on the sofa

  • PRO
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

    Do you have a place for guest coats? To me that is a must in a tiny entry .

  • 2 months ago

    I do have a row of hooks in the entry to the family room

  • 2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

    Current mirror with raw edge shelf or skinny console in same finish as the front door and floors. You don't have much room for anything else. You can order raw edge shelves/tabletops as well as hairpin legs on Etsy or do a search in your area and get one that fits the space all the way across. Note below attractive wood hooks on door for hats--another way to define the entry. Just don't let it get messy.

    Vaulted Beauty, San Carlos, CA · More Info


    Foyer Remodel · More Info


  • 2 months ago

    Love first mirror and second console. Not sure I can use this color wood I have light wood brown wood and my floors are the color of the floors pictured. I think this console is lovely! I also wanted folks to weigh in on this mirror it is expensive but I wonder if it would work with a floating shelf that looks like crown molding. I think it would be beneficial to get rid of table legs in this area. Like previously stated not much room here

  • 2 months ago

    This has been helpful in my process of narrowing down what to put there

  • 2 months ago

    And could someone source that console ?

  • last month

    Can someone source the floating shelf ?

  • last month

    This is one is less legs? Would have to get a more significant Mirror than I have or maybe hang the big one I have in my closet with nothing under it ? Trying to figure out proportions

  • last month

    Purchased gold and suede mirror. Wonder if it can go with this piece or is it too rustic

  • last month

    Adrienne, what does the mirror look like? What’s the style of the rest of your home

  • last month

    The mirror is the gold one above. That will be where the plain one is now

  • last month

    The mirror is the gold one above. Ignore the junk on the table. All gone. Was cleaning out stuff. Nothing there

  • 19 days ago

    Bought the mirror I liked but need held styling. I tend to get cluttered.

  • 19 days ago

    This is how far I came. Not very

  • 19 days ago

    I’d put only one larger item on the table that is chunky and has some texture

  • 19 days ago

    The mirror dwarfs the table, so I would probably either look for a wider table (wider than the mirror), or skip it entirely.

  • 18 days ago

    The mirror is heavier than the table. I wanted to find a floating shelf. Wall is a double brick and hard to get into

  • 18 days ago

    Hard to drill into. Sorry.

  • 18 days ago

    Now I see how light it looks next to the mirror. I guess it looked better with my old mirror. Out it goes !!

  • 15 days ago

    Think I will have professionals lower this and move it over towards the staid a bit

  • 15 days ago

    You might consider a table about this length and tone of wood for a console. I like how the base and branches help the mirror and table look unified.

  • 15 days ago

    Or an even heftier console, to stand up to the boldly-scaled mirror?

    I can't tell how deep a table can fit between the door and the wall. Here's one from Wayfair similar to the one shown above (which I just modified from Emily's image). This one is 43 inches wide, but nearly 12 inches deep. Would that fit?


  • 13 days ago

    Love this last one. Have to measure right now

  • 13 days ago

    I think the length comes very close to the stairs. I rely likes that lady last one. Ugh

  • 13 days ago

    I have 12 inches only. I have the length but it is at the very foot of the stairs

  • 13 days ago

    Photo of space

  • 13 days ago

    I see in one of your photos that the last step is extended and the railing curves out. Would that give you enough walk space? If you can find cardboard boxes about a foot deep you could pile some up to test the size without the hassle of buying and returning. And just so you know, this is not a high-end table. Reviews are good, but It's engineered wood (not solid) with a wood-grain veneer (which means also not real wood). Here's the link:

    https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/17-stories-43-console-table-for-entryway-wooden-entryway-table-farmhouse-behind-sofa-table-for-living-room-hallway-entrance-couch-entry-home-decor-w118174627.html?piid=1975435194

  • 12 days ago

    Add some greenery or small tree to add life to the area.

  • 9 days ago

    I was going to add a tall vase and then went to the store and it was gone but I agree. Needs some thing.

  • 9 days ago

    This is a pic to show how short it is. I am standing with my back to the front door. The mirror is on the right. I think I will have the contractor rehang it lower and more towards the steps as it looks like is is very close to the door. After doing this , I will have no console of table under it. I went to the store and saw how it was displayed. It was displayed on a small but tall wall by itself

  • 9 days ago

    Unless anyone has any other suggestions. I am open to

  • 7 days ago

    Any and all suggestions. Small house living is challenging. But I do have big gardens !

  • 6 days ago

    Need to place this better. I was planing it here when I thought I would put a table under it. Now I have decided to just have the mirror here.

  • 6 days ago

    Ceiling is 8 foot. I have it placed here too high mirror diameter 36 in. Crown molding length 80 in

  • 6 days ago

    Bottom edge of step to wall by the door is 56 in , lefy edge of air went to wall is 49.5 inches. I do not know
    To center this how

  • 6 days ago

    To center this

  • 6 days ago

    Help !

  • 6 days ago

    Maybe place the mirror at a comfortable viewing height for you (for a quick check on your way out the door), then measure the distance from the top of the mirror to the crown molding, then move it left that same distance from the door wall. Like this?


  • 6 days ago

    How about height. I very much like this suggestion

  • 6 days ago

    Duh ! Dopey me. That discussed height

  • 5 days ago

    I think the mirror is either too high or needs a small shelf under it to "ground" it to the space.

  • 5 days ago

    Exactly. I am moving this. Just need advice on where to place it. Have decided to go without a shelf. Clearing

  • 5 days ago

    Trying to have less

  • 4 days ago

    Or does. Everyone think a floating console would work ?

  • 4 days ago

    I think you could pull off the mirror if you added a bulky floating shelf below it and add the right decor. Just make sure that the shelf can be hung high enough so that the door handle won’t be hitting it when the door swings open.

  • 2 days ago

    That looks so nice ! Can u source it

  • 2 days ago

    The ones I have been finding are so flimsy

  • 2 days ago

    Search for a mantle. This is one from Amazon. They have different sizes and thicknesses, so determine what length and thickness you want and go shopping.


    Amazon.com: Fireplace Mantel, Rustic, Shelf, Floating Mantle, Real Wood, Beam, URBANDI (Provincial, 36Lx6Hx8D) : Home & Kitchen