Software
Houzz Logo Print
vacaytime

What to do with this crazy window?

2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

This is the living space in my new in law apartment at my son’s new house. The house is on 9 acres so I’m not terribly concerned about privacy, but may want to block light on occasion? The pic shows the power roll down blinds that came with the house. They are useful so I don’t mind keeping them if I can, but will remove if that is my best option. However, I will have a TV on the wall to the left of the fireplace so may want to have some way to limit glare from the sun. I will be painting the walls and trim to a more neutral cream or something. Furniture in pics is previous owner. Antler chandelier is going away.

Do I just do drapes and kind of ignore the window shape? As the window isn’t centered, it seems like drapes may look cockeyed. A big valance(which seems not a thing anymore)? As I don‘t need treatments for privacy, should I just have no window treatments and enjoy the view of the neighboring horse pasture as art?




Comments (9)